Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Walther PDP Steel Frame??

WxGuy

• 2 weeks later...

When you compare the Shadow 2 to the Walther SF PPQ or PDP remember the double action first trigger pull of the CZ . The Walthers have the same trigger pull each and every time. With the Walther Dynamic performance trigger the trigger pull is fantastic. I also shoot and have a CZ Tactical Sport. The 2 guns have the same grip angle and you can pick up either and acquire targets instantly.

I wish Walther would stop adding that tab to the bottom back of the pistol grip.  Some people have trouble with fast reloads with it there when the magwell isn't installed.  If anyone had problems with it on a design I came up with, I'd immediately remove it in the next design.

Edited by telligentgunner

On 12/9/2023 at 1:43 PM, oddjob said:

I was comparing a Shadow 2 Optics Ready MSRP ($1499..... I think) vs PDP Steel frame MSRP ($1899).  Trying to decide if its worth the extra coin.  I'm a Walther fan too.   

The OR have been going for $1100 on sale. The normal s2 has been going for $900.

Walther is out of their mind putting this at $1900. 

1 hour ago, lroy said:

The OR have been going for $1100 on sale. The normal s2 has been going for $900.

Walther is out of their mind putting this at $1900. 

It will be below that on the street. But it’s still a lot for that gun

• 4 weeks later...

For those with the PDP SF, do the existing 5" PDP holsters fit?  I have a Black Scorpion poly PDP 5" holster here and was wondering if I need to look for another holster.

On 1/14/2024 at 11:01 AM, WxGuy said:

For those with the PDP SF, do the existing 5" PDP holsters fit?  I have a Black Scorpion poly PDP 5" holster here and was wondering if I need to look for another holster.

According to the humble marksman's review no they do not.  He took out the retention screws and jury rigged it to work, but it doesn't work out of the box.

I have a SF specific holster ordered through RHT on the way and also have blue/grey LOK grips ordered.  We put a Rival S next to the SF yesterday at my LGS and consensus was the SF was a nicer gun.  Made me smile!