Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Carry Optics Shooters, Would you support 15-round CO?

whan

Since USPSA didn't include it in the survey: Carry Optics Shooters, Would you support 15-round CO?  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Carry Optics Shooters, Would you support 15-round CO?

• Yes, and I'd keep shooting CO
    • Yes, but I'd probably move to LO
    • No, but I'd keep shooting CO anyways
    • No, and I'd move to LO if they did
  2. 2. Bonus questions around other changes to CO (multiple choice, check yes/no for each)

• Lower Weight Limit - Yes
    • Lower Weight Limit - No
    • Needs to fit in Box - Yes
    • Needs to fit in Box - No
    • Trigger Minimum Pull Weight Requirement - Yes
    • Trigger Minimum Pull Weight Requirement - No

22 hours ago, Joe4d said:

came about when the 10 round thing was nation wide.. I think it was also a time before single stack was a division, and single stacks had a mag length exception to the 140 mm rule, So there were 10 round 1911 shooters. Was a time when USPSA was spinning off from IPSC, and a reaction to the start and growth of IDPA.

Well there you go. Thanks for the responses, I didn't realise the 10 round thing was nation wide, I thought it was just a few states like California, that explains it  

1 hour ago, ddc said:

Is that discrepancy something to worry about? To my mind it is not but maybe I'm missing something.

The USPSA people that shoot IPSC already need equipment specific to that discipline.

I'm guessing the majority of USPSA CO rigs I see would be illegal for IPSC. I know mine is.

Adding 2011's to USPSA CO isn't going to change a thing as far as that is concerned.

I know my gun + gear is 100% IPSC legal as long as I move the magnet to be behind hip bone.  Even my 140mm mags are legal as long as I just load 15 in them. 

If I switch to 2011 platform for the "new CO" division, however, that would be a totally different story.

• 4 weeks later...

I shoot Glocks in everything, so really don’t care. I could afford the expensive stuff but just rather not, so I won’t be chasing the equipment. Just want to shoot something somewhere with some competition. But I like the idea of separating the CO low price light weight guns from the higher end heavier LO. But in the end I’ll just shoot a Glock of some model. 

On 7/24/2023 at 3:02 PM, waktasz said:

I have an idea. Let's take the most popular division and f*#k it all up

This poll sounds like communism. 

Hey - it's no longer production, so why not?  wait - didn't't we have this same conversation ten years ago about changing production? And 15 years ago?  And 30 years ago weren't people grumbling about the introduction of Limited and Open, in what what was previously a division less sport? 🙂

4 minutes ago, waktasz said:

How many times in the history of the sport have they taken a popular division and made it more restrictive? 

to avoid hurting anyone's feelings, i propose an alternative:

1. get rid of LO

2. make CO *less* restrictive by allowing SAO guns.

3. change the name of CO to LO

4. create a new division called prod optics or carry optics or whatever you want and make it more restrictive with a lower weight limit and 15 round capacity.

10 hours ago, waktasz said:

It died because it split the division into a good one and one nobody wanted to participate in

Not necessarily it just depended on regions, here in Australia it was running pretty close to PDO in participation. Currently PDO is almost top division shot where I am. Unfortunately 1 region makes little difference to the overall way IPSC works. 

2 things slowed it down 1 was covid as few matches were shott (I don't think it was given a fair go to bed in) 2nd here it took 3-4 months for the rules to be officially distributed so most by then had started using heavier guns. ie: CZ's

Edited by terrydoc

• 3 weeks later...