Npoulson

How many here have forgot something vital

ill go first

when j was new i dryfired like now but left my gun in dryfire area

was so excited to go to a new club drove two hours had everything i needed 

went to go get my gun

whoops

luckily had a great older buddy let me shoot his open gun

i didnt shoot as well due to it bein so foreign but after driving 2.5hrs i was very greatful to him letting me use his guns and ammo

I used to endurance race horses, I worked rotating shifts, so basically had everything loaded up , tack, gear, food, hay etc.  truck hooked up to trailer all ready to roll a few days prior., ride was about an 8 hour drive.
Worked my last shift got home at 1 am plan was to catch a nap and roll out pre dawn..
Got up headed out rolling down driveway,, looked over and my horse was standing in pasture looking at me.

I recently went to a monthly club match about 1.5 hours away from where I live. The day before I did what most all of us do; clean gun, check parts, mags and rig, empty range bag to make sure I have everything, reload range bag accordingly. I had been shooting indoor matches in the weeks prior, so my sunglasses were not in my bag and I didn't think to put them in with my other glasses. We get to the match (hammer down at 9am) and I see that all 8 bays are facing directly into the sun. I think to myself "no worries, I've got my sunglasses" (no I don't). After realizing I left them at home, a friend of mine on my squad offers to let me wear a pair of his Hunters HD Gold glasses, only one catch...they're prescription. I'm not one to turn down a challenge, so I put them on 15 mins prior to start to make sure I can see and move safely. I'm g2g, so I then shot all 8 stages without a hitch. 

(disclosure: This was the day that I learned that I need glasses) 

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, my00wrx1 said:

I make a list on my phone of everything I need to take and use it to pack and then double check it before I leave the house.  Separate lists for day trip, overnight or flying.

This, +1.

I've been using the AnyList app for years.  I'm to the point where I have a list for matches, one for practice, grocery list, you name it, I probably have a list for it. 

https://www.anylist.com/

My X was always forgetting stuff, she went to the doctor, said it was a brain chemical imbalance.
They put her on medication to help with her memory.... COuple weeks later I asked how's it going with the new medication.
SHe said she didnt know cause she kept forgetting to take it

I have a mental checklist for club matches... only let me down once that I remember :D

I use a written list for travel to matches, especially international ones where the ducks need to be in a row well in advance.

• 2 months later...

When my daughter and I were traveling a lot going to different matches. It always seemed like she forgot something. I could swear that one time she purposely forgot her shoes so we would have to go and buy her new ones, lol. It got to the point where she had to make a match travel list. It actually was a good thing considering we shot a lot of 3gun back in the days. Always stuff to forget.

• 1 month later...

went down to florida for a month and didn't really forget, but severely underestimated how many uspsa matches were available.  brought my 38 super open gun so not like i could hit academy or basspro for more ammo...