Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My first 929, it's loaded with TK Custom stuff

MuayThaiJJ

There’s nothing left to do inside the gun. Those are all TK aftermarket parts in there.

Those are factory springs inside it the gun, and you don’t want to change them. That gun will go to mid 4lbs, but you give up the trigger return. TK knows what they’re doing with the return, where some other builders sacrifice that for bragging rights. 

Toss that nose cap in the spare parts bin, it’s only making your life worse.

Weigand rear sights are ok, the notch is a bit wide for a 7.5” sight radius though. Bowen makes a complete replacement that’s much more rugged than the Weigand replacement blade, and it has zero play in it, where most Weigand’s do. The HiViz front sights are bright, but they aren’t very crisp compared to any others. Try SDM if you like a large fiber, or Dawson if you prefer smaller. 

After that just catch some ICORE or USPSA matches. Hopefully you live in a spot that has both and can find some decent revolver shooters to shoot with. 

@MWP So I had a chunk of free time today and decided to do some surgery for my first time on revolvers. I opened up the 929, and polished the rebound slide bottom, the trigger sear, trigger nose, and double action sear.

And wow, the action is crazy smooth. Just as good as my CZ75 that has all it's internals polished and then coated in nickel boron. The DA pull went down to 5.5# after this

I recommend this if you have the time and ability.

The action weight won’t go down by polishing the internals- it will only go down by reducing the spring tension.

Be careful polishing sears too. The parts you have in that gun come pre polished, that’s one of the reasons they cost so much. More polishing could result in timing issues. 

If you put the same springs back in the gun and it went down a pound then that weight came out of the mainspring, which means the mainspring screw didn’t go back in as far. Make sure you put that through a good test before taking it to a match.

Overall trigger weight is a balance of both springs and how the primers are seated in the ammo. In action shooting, I don’t believe anything below 7lbs is an advantage. What is gained in lowering the weight is given up in either rebound speed or ignition consistency. There are several shooters who have match guns in the 5lb range that run 100% of the time, but they have lost reset speed as a result. 

Thanks. I will def check, I seated the screw all the way. And I did a lot of pulls, and I am averaging sub 6# pulls, where before I was getting sub 7# pulls. Also, Some of those areas did not look polished, I made sure to not take anything off. I just smoothed it out

Get this guy a box of Kleenex.....you've whined about your botched front sight job for 2 months now, give it a rest.

The guy has built some amazing firearms for many notable shooters, our own Brian Enos  included, and I'd wager his opinion differs greatly from yours.

Did you ever take it back to ask how and why your sight was installed incorrectly? How it would be repaired correctly, or your charge refunded? I think I know the answer. Much easier to come here and sling snot  and malign a man who once was a well recognized gunsmith. 

10 hours ago, MuayThaiJJ said:

Someone want to fill me in on this?

Sure, well known gunsmith (from years ago) did a really half assed job on my revolver.

Completely amateurish stuff.

Had to pay another gunsmith to fix it. These guys don't like me crapping on their messiah. 

That's it.

11 hours ago, Vic said:

Get this guy a box of Kleenex.....you've whined about your botched front sight job for 2 months now, give it a rest.

The guy has built some amazing firearms for many notable shooters, our own Brian Enos  included, and I'd wager his opinion differs greatly from yours.

Did you ever take it back to ask how and why your sight was installed incorrectly? How it would be repaired correctly, or your charge refunded? I think I know the answer. Much easier to come here and sling snot  and malign a man who once was a well recognized gunsmith. 

Why would I take a gun back to a gunsmith that so badly screwed it up the first time?

Refunding my money doesn't repair the damage he did.

You speak glowingly about his past work. I wish I would have had him do it 20 years ago.

11 hours ago, Pseudonym said:

Anyone start a pool on how long this will last? What is the over/under?

I actually shoot an over/under shotgun. It's a Mossberg.

FB_IMG_1670961618356.jpg