Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What has SIG done to accuracy?

mpeltier

I think if I could, standing and unsupported, keep 10 shots inside the 10-ring of a B8 at 20 yards I'd be pretty happy.

I might be able to do that from a rest. It's been way too long since I practiced at any significant distance.

Thanks for the incentive. 

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, ddc said:

I think if I could, standing and unsupported, keep 10 shots inside the 10-ring of a B8 at 20 yards I'd be pretty happy.

I might be able to do that from a rest. It's been way too long since I practiced at any significant distance.

Little boring to watch, but this was my second ten shot Lawman group this afternoon with my new Glock 47 with a stock trigger.

3 hours ago, ddc said:

I can keep 10 shots in the head A zone of the old IPSC at 25 yds standing freestyle. Totally satisfy my need for accuracy with a handgun.

Edited by usmc1974

BarSto barrel will definitely solve any accuracy issues with a stock slide (provided it is fit correctly).  

For X-5/Legion slides, KKM is another option that definitely works well.

On 3/8/2023 at 10:07 PM, HOGRIDER said:

@mpeltierCongratulations on the results of your experimentation!  Definitely proved what results can be had.

I remembered seeing a similar post a while back that also showed what could be done by bringing the FCU rails down to get rid of that excessive play:

Would definitely jump on the opportunity to purchase a precision CNC machined FCU to improve the slide to FCU fit!

Thanks for sharing your results!

👍

Your welcome.

The thing that really puzzles me is that the P365 FCU uses a machined housing instead of a stamped piece. And the rails and tolerances are much better on both my P365's than on the 3 P320's I have. My P365XL is also as accurate as my X5 is now and more accurate than my other P320's. 

It's NOT so much a barrel/slide issue. It's the FCU housing.

17 hours ago, mpeltier said:

Your welcome.

The thing that really puzzles me is that the P365 FCU uses a machined housing instead of a stamped piece. And the rails and tolerances are much better on both my P365's than on the 3 P320's I have. My P365XL is also as accurate as my X5 is now and more accurate than my other P320's. 

It's NOT so much a barrel/slide issue. It's the FCU housing.

With all the other 3rd party P320 options available I'm a little surprised someone has not come up with a machined FCU.

I have no knowledge of how easy or difficult it would be to machine an FCU. Anybody?

Edited by ddc

3 hours ago, ddc said:

With all the other 3rd party P320 options available I'm a little surprised someone has not come up with a machined FCU.

I have no knowledge of how easy or difficult it would be to machine an FCU. Anybody?

The FCU is the firearm...serialized part...so..ya.

5 hours ago, ddc said:

@ddcGood point........since the FCU is a serialized part, I'm wondering if the 4 contact points could be welded up and re-machined similar to a 1911's frame rails?

🤔

17 hours ago, mrvip27 said:

The FCU is the firearm...serialized part...so..ya.

Any Manufacturer with a manufacturing FFL could make one on a CNC machine. Which is pretty much any shop of many around the country who pump out AR15 lowers. Its no different than that. I know of at least one who has branched in to other products because AR lower sales have slowed, Im sure theres others. I hope someone will step up and produce such a part.

Tampa-XD45 I'd be ashamed to show it.  While it works great it's not pretty.  I used a MIG welder set for thin material to build up the 4 corners of the rails.  Like about 1 full second of arc time at each corner.  From there I just started grinding and then filing. 

I had to make the fit a little looser than I expected to get the gun to run, but it's considerably tighter than stock.