Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock Only Division

Flexmoney

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Inserting the nicest possible tone here:

It is obvious to me that several folks are taking a shot at the provisional division because they may disagree with it. USPSA will never be something for everyone, but we do exlcude a lot of shooters that would play with us if their gear was measured with like gear(though many of us would shoot anyway, many others wouldn't).

L10 is watered-down Limited (plain and simple), the provisional SS division has its own rules completely regarding guns and support equipment. Production doesn't favor any particular gun or holster like L10 does, nor does Revolver(very few gun choices in Revolver). Open and Limited are pretty unrestricted except for magazine length.

I understand that the whole Nationals scheduling and expenses issue is a factor, but aside from that, why would anyone give a rats axx if there were 10 divisions?

Edited by fomeister

I understand that the whole Nationals scheduling and expenses issue is a factor, but aside from that, why would anyone give a rats axx if there were 10 divisions?

Well, if for no other reason than at a club level there would be like only one or two people in several of the divisions. Where is the competition in that?! :huh:

On a side note- Production divisions is starting to look like the "IDPA" division. :wacko::P

First point, no club or match is mandated to provide all the divisions. Any club or match can tailor their match for their particular needs.

As to the Glock only Division I am all for it. As soon as 10-12 companies start making Glocks, I'll sponsor the motion <_<

Gary

First point, no club or match is mandated to provide all the divisions. Any club or match can tailor their match for their particular needs.

As to the Glock only Division I am all for it. As soon as 10-12 companies start making Glocks, I'll sponsor the motion <_<

Gary

+1

Flex,

Please refrain from pissing off the masses by suggesting that USPSA has watered down the competition so that everybody shows up and can win a trophy just because they are the first place shooter with a specific type of gun shot while wear (insert color here) shirt. Everybody knows the reason people are staying away is that their gun isn't competive in the divisions we have and not because they can't win in the established divisions. After all this isn't a competition or anything, we don't really want people to get their feelings hurt or their ego damaged by not winning a trophy everytime. So in the spirit of fair play everybody shoot what you have and we'll make a division just for you and give you a pretty trophy you can hang on the wall to show that you really are great!

Edited by Chriss Grube

Should have been moved to the humor forum before it got out of hand, LOL. I don't think it is about winning a trophy guys, it is about the perception that all we shoot is open and limited guns that hold 20+ rounds and drive themselves, which we all know isn't true, but from the outside looking in, it appears that way. Local matches probably have more single stack 1911, production pistols, and revolvers than race guns. I personally do not like L10, but that really gets people upset when it is discussed, so I try to avoid it. I think Limited, Open, Production, Revolver, and Limited-8 would be a better solution, but that is just my take on it-one guys opinion-everybody has their own.