Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stage names…..

Daslinger

The club I shoot with gives the stages real lame names.

I would love to give the stages cool names that really wouldn’t tell you much what you would have to do.

Possible USPSA Stage names……

”SHOOT THE GLASS !”

”DO YOU FEEL LUCKY PUNK ?!”

”REMEMBER THE ALAMO”

HE-MAN FIGHTS SKELATOR !”

NEWMAN !

HOLD THE PICKLES, HOLD THE LETTUCE”

THAT’S A SPECIAL FORCES TATOO !
LUKE I’M YOUR FATHER !

I’LL BE BACK !

IS THAT GRANDMA RUNNING NAKED DOWN THE STREET ?!

Or.....and hear me out here.....focus on the way you need to shoot the stages and your overall match performance versus spending time and cognitive bandwidth on the stupid stage names at a given match... I dont think i've seen anyone go GM by creating "cool" stage names.  

4 minutes ago, Robertwil18 said:

Or.....and hear me out here.....focus on the way you need to shoot the stages and your overall match performance versus spending time and cognitive bandwidth on the stupid stage names at a given match... I dont think i've seen anyone go GM by creating "cool" stage names.  

Just for fun, I want to get better…….but it’s a game, I like to have fun. To paraphrase Bruce Lee, “Cardboard doesn’t hit back.”

12 hours ago, Daslinger said:

I would love to give the stages cool names

volunteer to design and build some stages. The stage designer at our club can name the stage whatever he wants. I name mine after classic or punk rock songs just because it's easier than thinking up something cool. I'm more concerned that they are good, interesting, legal, fun stages with some decisions to make.

12 hours ago, Daslinger said:

I would love to give the stages cool names that really wouldn’t tell you much what you would have to do.

Simple----design some stages and you can name them anything you want.    Every club I've been involved with or shot at would 

welcome some new stages.  Design some, and volunteer to set them up.  

16 hours ago, Daslinger said:

Sounds like you need to volunteer to help run your local club's matches. We have plenty of fun naming my club's L1 stages. 

Wow, people getting bored enough to discuss stage names.

While the whole USPSA competition does make people far better shooters than the average Joe (or Sally), it is still a game. Hey, I've been thinking about calling a stage "Shoots and Ladders." 

Oh I do like "Breakfast ended at 11:00am" and maybe add, "and I'm hungry again."

🤪

Edited by HesedTech