Beelow

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

39 minutes ago, MarilynMonbro said:

It is 

Yes, I just found it under 40.30 Section:

8. Installation of the GLOCK Performance Trigger in the G19 Gen5/MOS, G17 Gen5/MOS, G19X, G26 Gen5, G34 Gen5/MOS, G45/MOS, and G47 MOS only.

• 1 month later...

Just wondering if anyone is running one of these triggers with a “-“ connector and Johnny Glock Vex shoe?  If so, how do you like it?

im intrigued by this combination, haven’t seen any reports of anyone swapping the connector for the minus version. 

I really like the idea of using a stock striker spring for reliability Across the varied primers I’ve had to buy, without it adding to the trigger pull. 

I was impressed with the performance out of the box but ended up polishing the trigger bar and installing a ( - ) connector.  It made for a super smooth pull but there's not much of a wall to speak of. 

Edited by NWfront

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally got one ordered. I’ll play with it a bit before deciding on the JG Vex trigger.  Although after watching a couple of his videos, it seems like a no brainer. 

But, then again, he likes all of his own stuff…

4 hours ago, mreed911 said:

Anyone seen an exploded parts diagram for these?  Can you still do the Gen 5 trigger return spring replacement for an even lighter feel?

You think the gen5 trigger return spring is lighter than what's installed?  I would have guessed they were the same.

12 minutes ago, Cuz said:

You think the gen5 trigger return spring is lighter than what's installed?  I would have guessed they were the same.

Unsure.  I need to go watch a video on the difference in geometry, etc.  Just wondering if this spring would have a similar lightening effect as it does on the OEM Gen 5 triggers: https://wheatonarms.com/product/extra-power-trigger-return-spring-fits-glock-models-gen-5/

Update: doesn't look like the spring is easily accessible (start at 11:41 here): 

Edited by mreed911

24 minutes ago, vluc said:

When JG doesn't recommend messing with it... 

what are you talking about?  That looks like one of the mods you can make at the safe table right before a match. What could possibly go wrong???

10 minutes ago, Cuz said:

what are you talking about?  That looks like one of the mods you can make at the safe table right before a match. What could possibly go wrong???

😂

So I uploaded my trigger test rig data to a public interactive graph.  Tested a stock Gen5 trigger and Glock Performance with OEM connectors.  They're stock other than about 1000 dry fires to break them in.  I also tested a "P1" custom spring I'm working on.  Everything can be filtered for easy comparison.  Below is a cheat sheet on how to interpret the graphs.  I ended up reprogramming the rig so now it takes into account the additional overtravel created when the trigger is pinned back and the slide is cycled.  This shows the true reset distance.  I had to set the "finger" of the rig a little lower than where your finger naturally rests due to clearance issues, so the weights are about 15% lighter than what you'd expect, but they're consistent and repeatable enough to make valid comparisons.

Link to graph: Glock Performance Trigger Graph

Graph cheat sheet:
Trigger%20graph%20interpret.png

Edited by earlan357

On 4/20/2023 at 8:42 PM, mreed911 said:

Unsure.  I need to go watch a video on the difference in geometry, etc.  Just wondering if this spring would have a similar lightening effect as it does on the OEM Gen 5 triggers: https://wheatonarms.com/product/extra-power-trigger-return-spring-fits-glock-models-gen-5/

Update: doesn't look like the spring is easily accessible (start at 11:41 here): 

The spring isn't that hard to get to.  You push out the ejector from the rear, then the "sear pin", then push-n-twist to get the spring guide out.  A regular gen5 spring won't work.  This peformance spring has additional dead coils and is flat ground to prevent it kinking on the shaft.  I did some calculations and settled on a few custom spring specs I sent to our spring manufacturer at work.  Testing now. Glock Performance Trigger Graph

Edited by earlan357

On 1/13/2023 at 9:59 AM, Beelow said:

Yep, it will officially release at Shot. If you have a Gen5, there is now zero reason to get a Timney. This trigger will get you all the Timney advantages without the negatives. Crazy that this is a Glock OEM part. 

attachment.php?attachmentid=99974&d=1673

I know how to adjust the PreTravel on the Timney. How do you adjust the PreTravel on this Trigger ?

• 2 weeks later...

So I installed the OEM Performance Trigger, and it seems about the same as the Apex kit I had in it. I also replaced the 4.0 lb striker spring I had with the Apex with a stock OEM 5.5 lb spring. Still feels the same, but now I have more confidence that I won’t get any light strikes. I have had a couple of instances where the gun didn’t go into full battery. I’ve tried a Carver tungsten rod with Wolff 13 lb spring and an ISMI stainless rod with ISMI 15 lb spring with the same result. I’m shooting 124gr JHP bullets at 125 PF. Yeah, I know, they’re light. But they chrono at 130+ in my Gen3 G34. When I’m done with these I’ll bump up the load because I’m all in on the Gen5. 

Just wondering if anyone else has had to bump up their recoil spring weight after installing the performance trigger?

I put the OEM RSA in only because I done have a heavier Wolff or ISMI on hand to try. Gotta order some.