Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon 1100 Endoscope camera

Saw a few old threads on this, but did not want to post on old threads. So, I have a Dillon 1100 with endo camera under powder station to check for primers. My issues is that I had the DAA powder check die but was making a mess of spilled powder on the shell plate. Got so frustrating that I got rid of it. Decided to get another endo camera to check for powder. This will result in having two cameras.  Thoughts?  Will post some pics when I get it next week. 

7 hours ago, Chapo said:

This will result in having two cameras.  Thoughts?

I’ll be honest with you, if you have properly set up you powder measure with a 1100 you shouldn’t need cameras or even a powder check die.  After tens of thousands of rounds on my 1050 the only time I had a powder drop problem was when the Dillon measure broke. I noticed it broke because the powder bar stopped moving. Yes I trust the my process a lot and all a camera or powder check die does is make us feel better. 

I will say it is easier to short stroke the 650/750 or move the 550 without dropping powder, so making sure, before seating a bullet, visually the powder was dropped is probably more important.  

However, choose what works for you and stick to it. 

Chapo - Since you already have your DAA powder checker in hand you might want to try something that I read about here on this forum years ago - that worked for the powder I was loading (231).

Take a razor knife with a new blade in the unit. Take the powder cop hard plastic tip and score small not to deep grooves into it. Score four or five grooves in it one way, turn the hard plastic head and repeat the process. This will rough up the small smooth head and allow a small air space between the powder and the plastic and it also reduces the amount of surface to surface contact between the hard plastic head and the powder flakes. 

It may not eliminate the problem 100% but for me it reduced it to a easily manageable level and I was running this on my Mark 10 before selling it. Next time I am out in the shop I will pull this unit and get a couple of pictures of what I did that worked for me. 

That's why I got rid of my primer tube filler, couldn't rely on it giving me 100 properly placed primers in a tube.

I have 29 small primer tubes, I fill them then load until empty, and refill them. With the price of primers, and as hard as they can be to find, I don't want to waste them.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just went down a rabbit hole trying to find out how to get 2 endoscopes on 1 monitor. i dont think its possible so what I ended up doing was getting a 10" quad feed monitor and 3 very small rca cameras. these will cover Brass in collator/Bullets in feeder/ Shell plate at bullet drop so I can see powder. I saw this post a few weeks ago and It got me thinking about the 1 monitor 2 scopes thing and then along the way I thought about how I hate craning my neck to see colator/ bulletfeeder. I suppose I could just listen to it but when the primers run out I like to check everything. And the mirrors are awkward

Just finished this setup this weekend.

I relocated the shellplate camera after this picture was taken.  $160 now I just need an rca endoscope and it will work with this display

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BG1SF3RF?ref=ppx_pop_dt_b_product_details&th=1  4 channel monitor

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074P45P7G?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_dt_b_product_details cameras

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076HKCRNG?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_dt_b_product_details Power cable

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06W9JBQSW?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details rca adapters(the cables that came with the cameras are 30 feet long these are 1"

20230121_115110_32.jpg

Yep, just added zip ties and some small machine screws/lockwashers

The monitor has 2)4mm threaded holes on the side that you can use to put a bracket to watch the powder/bullet orientation, mine is temporary

20230123_175906_50.thumb.jpg.7fc402f7e7d1a3ca2ec3c165fc2e7c8d.jpg20230123_175913_50.thumb.jpg.d4379a9c03bfef369830b1d125a35113.jpg20230123_175918_50.thumb.jpg.cc6b4f9c135df293217b80bd149c8a8a.jpg

3 hours ago, Boomstick303 said:

Slick.  I assume everything you need is in the links then?