Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Has anyone ordered from cz-parts.com? Other recommendations for SRO mounting plate for S2 OR?

Erud

I just ordered an SRO, and am looking for a mounting plate for my S2 OR.  They seem to be the only place with the CZ factory steel plate in stock.  Them being located in the Czech republic has me a little nervous about ordering.  With all of the issues currently happening with shipping in the USA, adding a country on the other side of the planet into the shipping mix seems like it could be asking for trouble.  Wondering if anyone has ordered from them recently, and what kind of experience you had.  This is the part I'm looking for:

https://www.cz-parts.com/cz-shadow-2-or-red-dot-plate-trijicon-rmr-/-sro

I currently have a DP2 mounted with one of the P10 plates from CZ Custom.  It works fine, and I'd probably just go that route for the SRO if I could find it in stock.  I'm also open to other suggestions on plates for this.  

Thanks!

30 minutes ago, Erud said:

They seem to be the only place with the CZ factory steel plate in stock

Yep. I had the aluminum plate made by an outfit in the USA and while it was machined well the optic mounting screws would loosen after a couple of hundred shots. So I took a chance and ordered a factory steel plate from CZ Parts and it arrived in about a week. So far on my SRO I like it better than the aluminum one. Yes I use locktite, and it still loosened up.

Great info, thank you.  I haven’t had any problems with the current mount yet, but I definitely like the idea of a steel plate better than aluminum so I think I’ll go ahead and order one.  

Just a quick follow-up question if you don’t mind; did the screws that came with your SRO work with the plate?  I’ve seen some mention that they might be too long, but I’m not 100% sure of the exact applications they were referring to.  

thanks again!

9 hours ago, Erud said:

did the screws that came with your SRO work with the plate

Yes they were too long and I had to trim them down. I would recommend getting shorter screws if yours don’t fit, because it’s a lot easier than trimming screws shorter and maintaining the threads. 

If you are using the CZ plate @ES13Raven all ready did the leg work in a thread on here.

.495" = SRO stock screws (too long)

.369" = Lowe's Machine Screws #6-32 x 3/8" (too short)

.381" = BattleWerks Trijicon RMR for Glock MOS 6-32 x .385" (too short)

.424" = JagerWerks Trijicon RMR/SRO - #6-32 x 7/16" IP15 (just right)

Here is the thread.

• 2 weeks later...

Just following up on this thread.  I ordered the plate on 9/17, and it was delivered yesterday on 9/27.  I've had domestic orders take longer than that, so I'm pretty happy with 10-day shipping from the other side of the planet.  

CZ-parts.com is good to go in my book, I wouldn't hesitate to order again.  

I ordered 3 Toni recoil springs for my CZ P10F from this company. 

Actually had specific recoil springs for this gun.

I did pay for premium shipping ( expensive). 

Ordered on 9/20/22. Received on 9/26/22. 

Faster service than many domestic companies.  

Edited by WaltK

Just to add to the pile...CZ-PARTS.COM is very most awesome and definitely GTG!!!  Order with confidence!

Ordered an optic adapter plate for my S2 OR from them and had it in hand in a few days!  Super impressed with their order processing and shipping speed.  Even their charge for shipping is very reasonable, all things considered.  Many US companies do not meet their level of service!

On 9/17/2022 at 10:21 AM, Erud said:

Great info, thank you.  I haven’t had any problems with the current mount yet, but I definitely like the idea of a steel plate better than aluminum so I think I’ll go ahead and order one.  

Just a quick follow-up question if you don’t mind; did the screws that came with your SRO work with the plate?  I’ve seen some mention that they might be too long, but I’m not 100% sure of the exact applications they were referring to.  

thanks again!

I went through quite the debacle with the optic mount on my S2 OR.  I bought an aluminum mounting plate from a company that I won't name and used it with good success for a few months.  I made the mistake of unmounting the plate to clean the gun and that was when complete chaos ensued.  From that point forward, I could never get the  plate to stay tight.  I had an area match coming up, so I eventually decided to use RED loctite on the mount because I was tired of messing with it.  The mount stayed tight for a few days and then ultimately came loose again.  After taking the optic off, I found out that one of the screws had snapped off in the slide.  Unbelievably, I was able to get the screw out with a cordless drill, soldering iron, and a hansen bit.   After looking at the plate, it was clear that it had loosened under recoil and the plate was peened. This resulted in all the energy being transferred to the screws. 

At that point, I had three days until I had to leave for the area match, so I ended up ordering the same plate from the same company because they were the only company I could find with one day shipping.  I got the new plate and then proceeded to degrease everything with acetone and use red loctite on the plate and blue on the optic.  On the final stage of A1, I discovered that my optic was loose yet again.  This time, the plate was tight, but the optic came loose.  When I got home, I degreased everything and remounted the optic.  During a match the following weekend, the optic and mount blew completely off the gun and hit me in the face.  Both mounting screws had sheered completely off in the slide.  This time, I attempted to remove the screws and failed miserably.  I was able to drill out the center of a screw, but the carbide hansen bit snapped off inside the screw.  After shedding tears, I gave up and sent the gun to CZ.  After a few months, they ended up just replacing the gun completely.  I have since bought a direct milled S2 and had no problems.

I learned two things from my experience: 1) I will never trust aluminum mounting plates again and 2) CZ has some of the best customer service out there.

I went ahead and ordered a steel plate from CZ-Parts as an alternative to the CGW plate, which includes a rear sight. I have been impressed with their communication and quick shipping. 

Edited by WSprtuaL
Update

On 9/17/2022 at 11:02 PM, Boomstick303 said:

If you are using the CZ plate @ES13Raven all ready did the leg work in a thread on here.

.495" = SRO stock screws (too long)

.369" = Lowe's Machine Screws #6-32 x 3/8" (too short)

.381" = BattleWerks Trijicon RMR for Glock MOS 6-32 x .385" (too short)

.424" = JagerWerks Trijicon RMR/SRO - #6-32 x 7/16" IP15 (just right)

Here is the thread.

FYI, the OR S2 has recesses cut into the slide for the optic mounting screws.  

The screws that came with my SRO work fine and don't run into the slide.  The slide in question in that thread clearly doesn't have cutouts in the area of the optic mounting screws.

And yes CZ parts is GTG.  The CZ plate fits nicely and the cutout matches the ejection port. 

Edited by DirtyB

On 10/13/2022 at 7:12 PM, sx2gl35 said:

How are you guys making payment?  I had credit cards from two different banks refuse the transaction without giving a reason; ultimately cancelled the order.

Suggest you call your credit card company and talk with them before placing your order.  They might have to change your account so that international payments are authorized.  When I order from CZ-Parts.com, I use a VISA card and it does show up as an "international transaction".  My payments are authorized automatically, probably due to my credit card charge history and I might have had to chat with them years ago, but I do get an e-mail notification that there was an "international payment" in case I didn't make the charge or want to verify.

Thank you; will do that...unless there is a domestic source for the steel plate?   Or a domestic source becomes available within the next 3-4 months which is how long my County Clerk takes to "grant" pistol permit amendments here in enemy territory.  Making the change from G***K and waiting on a brand new CZC Shadow 2.

On 10/13/2022 at 6:12 PM, sx2gl35 said:

How are you guys making payment?  I had credit cards from two different banks refuse the transaction without giving a reason; ultimately cancelled the order.

Odd.  I just used my AMEX and it went through.  

I do know some card companies are sticklers for "odd" transactions.  In that case you'd probably need to call them ahead of time as stated. 

2 minutes ago, DirtyB said:

Odd.  I just used my AMEX and it went through.  

I do know some card companies are sticklers for "odd" transactions.  In that case you'd probably need to call them ahead of time as stated. 

Exactly!! It’s funny because I just received a package from cz-parts last week and received items from seboweapons today… 

You just have to set your cards for international purchasing, I use Visa and I believe they utilize Authorize-net or something like that.