Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ft Benning 3-gun

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had to leave early, but I do know the side match results! Taran and Erik went back and forth on the shotgun speed match, which was very entertaining. After the smoke cleared and clay dust settled, Taran edged out Erik by .02 sec with a .80 with Erik close behind with .82. There was a .85 and a couple of .86's, as well. Yours trully won the shotgun side match which was three 7-8 round stages with combined times. I manged a total time of around 9.3 and Benny was in the 10.7 area for 2nd. That's not bad considering the old timer showed up in his wheelchair! HAHAHA! Jerry M would've had a high-9 or low-10 but a miss on the bird added 5 sec.

I'm also proud to announce that I am "master of the longsword" to quote Aaron! I won the rifle side match by pulling a .44 on the LaRue at 50yds...yeah, I know...I got lucky, I jumped the buzzer, I shot it from the hip...I've heard it all! If I hadn't had a few witnesses, I wouldn't have believed it! Well, that's all I've got for now.

Phil

Edited by gmshtr

Here are the official shotgun side match results. Cash will paid back on the Lewis system and will be awarded to shooters 1-3, 9-11, and 18-20. Amounts will be determined by GT Targets. Payback will be 90%. Sorry if this comes through distorted. I posted this from my PDA phone. Thanks to Karl, Chris, and even Bill for all of their hard work, and for the quick results.

Name - Time (Miss=+5sec)

1. Phil Strader - 9.38

2. Benny Hill - 10.42 3. Ty Gentry - 11.15

4. Tony Holmes - 12.92

5. Mike Cochran - 13.07

6. Jim Martino - 13.86

7. Jerry Miculek - 15.04(1)

8. Doc Ellis - 15.7(1)

9. Mark Otto - 16.74

10. Bob Novak - 16.94(1)

11. Bruce Piatt - 17.10(1)

12. Stuart Lewis - 19.04

13. Charles Bond - 19.06

14. Randy Luth - 20.51(1)

15. Terry Lowinger - 21.81

16. Malcom Davis - 22.34(2)

17. Mark Peltier - 22.78(1)

18. Jeff Cramblit - 23.58(2) 19. Nick Weidhaas - 24.11(1) 20. Jim Clark - 24.13(1) 21. Bill Lehman - 26.41(2)

22. Sam Heyborn - 30.71(3)

23. Kevin Cates - 41.90(6)

24. Joe Cuccia - 45.90(2)

25. Roger Cordes - 46.51(1)

26. Mike Patterson -50.15(5)

Hi Phill

Congrats on your wins. I didn't get a chance to shoot that shotgun side match, but I did shoot the speed matches. Their is never enough time to shoot the side matches enough to get my fill. I enjoy the side matches as much if not more than the main events. BTW, I did have two back to back .44 runs and one .42 and saw the them hit about 2" to 4" to the right of the target <_< and shot them from the shoulder and didn't jump the timer. So I know it can be done. One of my runs was a little high and shot a squirrel out of a tree, or scared it out one, and one hit the barrel about 3 feet in front of me. Now that was a fast run, but you made the shot that counts. :D Maybe next time. ;) Come to think of it, I don't think I ever hit the thing. <_<

The speed shotgun was fun too. I shot it 2 times, 9 trys per and the last time someone called me a Moron when I got a .56 and barely missed 2 of them. Well I got serious then and the next one was .88 then .86 & .85 all clean then one last run at .82 I think with 1 miss. Thats when we had to leave and shoot the last stage. <_< Again maybe next time. This is the kind of thing that keeps me coming back for more. Man I love this stuff.

Enough about the side matches and my short comings for now. The match and staff? Damn it Man, IT WAS GREAT. These guys did put on a world class match. Hamp, can we do it again this weekend???????????? PLEASE???????????? I'll post more later, but for now I hear a pillow calling me. :wacko:

Ronnie

Ummm . . . I am guessing it meets Major? Ultra-heavy metal perhaps?

Actually - MINOR! It was a training model that shoot a 9mm round. You had to shoot some steel with it at the beep.

Edited by chp5

Hello, Here are the Shotgun Speed Shoot (3 clay targets) Results. (Unofficial)

1Taran Butler .80

2Eric Lund .82

3Ron Shores .85

4Ty Gentry .85

5Jeff Cramblit .87

6Bruce Piatt .89

6Jerry Miculek .89

8Roger Cash .91

9Jim Clark .96

10Benny Hill .96

11Jim Martino 1.00

12Todd Siegmund 1.02

12Mick Sterling 1.02

14Malcolm Davis 1.03

14Nick Wiedhass 1.03

16Jeffrey Yerger 1.06

17Marc Quinn 1.08

18Kevin Cates 1.13

19John Waters 1.17

20Mike Carhear 1.19

21Robin Browne 1.19

22Randy Luth 1.21

23Tammy Pruitt 1.31

24Sam Heyborne 1.37

25Bronson Collins 1.51

26Joe McCosby 1.54

27Terry Lowinger 1.60

28Bob Novak 1.69

29Tony Holmes 5.97 1 miss

29Phil Strader 5.97 1 miss

Thanks to the USAMU & Sgt. Hampton for a great match.

Official results and payback asap. Thanks, Karl @ GT

Edited by Karl @ GT

Karl,

I'm pretty positive I had an .87 on the shotgun speed shoot so before it gets all official could you please check, thanks had a great time.

A huge thanks to all the folks that made that match happen, the ones we saw and the ones behind the scenes. It was great and I will come again anytime you want to do it ( I know that's not your prime thought right now). Also a huge thanks to the sponsors who supported you and us in working with you on the match, they supported a good one. I would offer one thought as to the sending out of the prizes, I would recommend posting what you intend to send to each individual as many of us already have most of what we need and if the prize to be sent is not of use or much value perhaps we can save you some shipping cost by letting you not ship it to us, but perhaps donating the prize to the USPSA junior program or some other needing cause that could put the gear to better use.

thanks again, the match and the people shooting were great.

Jeff

Hey Jeff, I will check the score sheets immediately and make any adjustments that are needed. Thanks.....it was great fun and we will do it all again in '06 if the USAMU has a space for us.

Please email to sales@gttargets.com and I will make corrections before the results are final and the $$$ is awarded. Or you can post here.

Later, Karl

Edited by Karl @ GT

FINALLY!

Here are the results of the Ft Benning 3-Gun Challenge. I hope you all had a great time here at Ft Benning, I and The US Army Marksmanship Unit thank you all for coming! We did experience some major growing pains, but we now realize that was to be expected, thank you all for your support and understanding! My hat goes off to all those who organize more than one match in there lifetime, it is hard work! IF all things had gone off without a hitch, there would not be another match, but we can not go out like that. SO GET READY FOR 2006!

If you have any problems with the scores please e-mail me ASAP, score will post as final on Thursday afternoon. Prizes will ship no later than Saturday. Again thank you all for your support, you are all true sportsmen and women:)!!!!!!

BigHamp

final_stages_4_11.txt

Ft_Benning_3_Gun_Finals.txt

I shot LIMITED but my scores are in OPEN... I emailed Hamp and it has been fixed.

I actually gained match points but went down in overall placement....

Anyway, if you're trying to figure any changes in your placement, this is one place it could come from.

Good shooting with " ya'll " as they say in Georgia.

Have a great holiday season everyone.

You boys going back to the 'sand box'.... be careful and thank you.

Bruce Piatt

......................UPDATED RESULTS........................

These results have all corrections that have been submitted so far. If you still see any discrepancies, please let me know. If there are no more changes, they will become FINAL RESULTS tomorrow afternoon. If there are changes, we will repost again tomorrow.

Stages_Limited.txt

Stages_Open.txt

Ft_Benning_Finals_Combined.txt