Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Uspsa Member Survey

Rob Boudrie

USPSA is conducting a member survey - there is a link on www.uspsa.org to www.uspsa.org/survey.php, and you will also see a link at the top of your classification report if you have not yet completed the survey.

USPSA will be using this survey as a tool to market our sport to various sponsors and vendors in firearms and related industries. The survey results will not contain any information which identifies your specific indivdual answers.

There are some prizes to be had. USPSA HQ is still working out details, but there is going to be at least one door prize for a survey participant. It's not going to be anything super expensive, but we will be giving away $250 or so worth of something that competitors can actually use.

Every response helps, and the validity of the survey and impression that it makes on a vendor will depend in large part upon the number of members who respond.

This survey requires use of your USPSA member number and Front Sight label PIN. We're doing this so we can provide recipients of the survey with assurances that only USPSA members participated, and that every member's information was only counted once.

The survey will be open until 12/30/05, however, it will help if you could respond soon as HQ will be monitoring progress of this project on a daily basis.

I tried twice, maybe I am entering something wrong. I tried my member number with the dash in it as it appears on my card then without. I took the pin number out of the current USPSA magazine. What am I doing wrong. Both times it said that either my member number or pin was wrong. Help, signed dense in the iceland.

Rick

I followed up with Clay1. You need to use your personal pin from teh Front Sight mailing label, or the private password you set in your profile on the members page. This is not the same as the password used to access www.uspsa.org/members (which is the same for everyone). Rob

The plight of Associate Members who do not get Front Sight has not been overlooked.

USPSA is sending postcards to associate members which contain the PIN (leaving the member number off the postcard). These were transmitted to the mailing list late today, and should be mailed on Wednesday (or maybe Thursday).

That's what I thought it was. I've tried every possible permutation accounting for smudged/unclear numbers in the PIN, and nothing works. I've tried them all with and without dash. I'm going off the most recent FS I have - Nov/Dec '05 w/ J-Go on the cover... :(

your pin will not work if you have chosen a password to use with your member number.

Yes it will. Setting a personal password will not disable the PIN. The PINS are always 7 digits, and we ignore dashes in the number.

XRE sent a PM with the member number/pin pairs he was using. The old one was expired, and the new one had one digit off (my guess is smudged ink on the label). I've sent him the correct PIN and he should have no problem now.

I'll be glad to help anyone who can't get their PIN to work, but you MUST email me the member number and PIN you are using. I am not running a "lost pin service" and will not handle "look up my pin" requests ... even if I believe you are you.

Edited by Rob Boudrie

Dave and I have the same problem BDH! His is done, I need a PIN. Which is weird, cause for squadding the password we created worked for both of us, but it didn't work on the survey!

When I originally created the on-line squadding system, it used a separate PIN specific for the match which was provided to the competitor by the match director or automagically emailed by the squadding system. I later added the ability for the member to use their own PIN instead of the squadding-specific one (either will work).

I added my dog's name to the mailing list for the associate member post cards so I would have confirmation the mailing was done (we use an on-line service which prints and mails the for us). Simon D'Og received his postcard on Thursday.

Thse are plain white postcards so check your mail carefully. We also left the member number off the postcard so we would not have a PIN and Member Number on the exterior of a posctard.

Unfortunately, I forgot to update my address at uspsa.org UNTIL I read that cards were being mailed to associate members - ooops :) How long will the survey be active?

Can you make the associates personal password work for the survey like you did for the online squadding?