Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Uspsa Member Survey

Rob Boudrie

Unfortunately, I forgot to update my address at uspsa.org UNTIL I read that cards were being mailed to associate members - ooops :) How long will the survey be active?

Can you make the associates personal password work for the survey like you did for the online squadding?

The survey will be open until 12/30/05, however, it will help if you could respond soon as HQ will be monitoring progress of this project on a daily basis.

-Chet

Unfortunately, I forgot to update my address at uspsa.org UNTIL I read that cards were being mailed to associate members - ooops :) How long will the survey be active?

Can you make the associates personal password work for the survey like you did for the online squadding?

The survey will be open until 12/30/05, however, it will help if you could respond soon as HQ will be monitoring progress of this project on a daily basis.

-Chet

The personal password you set does work for the survey. The "extra" password which world for on-line squadding is a "Squadding Code" which is specific to the individual match, and used for squadding only.

If you have set a personal password and it does not work for you, email me the password and member number and I will investigate. (rob@boudrie.com or PM me on this forum)

Edited by Rob Boudrie

I think the survey is an awesome idea. I gave my answers the day it came out.

However, I think the survey could be broader in it's questions, so that they are not just shooting related. I think that our shooting based sponsors already know what the average IPSC shooter owns or buys as far as shooting related products. If the survey included questions about non-shooting related activities, (hobbies, cars, computers, food, drink), the results could be better used to court NON-shooting related sponsors. If, for example, 80% of our members were computer users, I think computer product companies might want to advertise at our events. With actual numbers from our members, we could present hard data to these companies. More mainstream sponsors would be good for gun owners in general and our sport in particular.

Just my $.02.

Edited by Interceptor

Interceptor,

+1 on that !!!!!

Last year the MO fall classic had Budwieser as a sponsor, We as a whole need to look to expand our exposure of the sport and finding more mainstream sponsors is a very good way of doing it.

Plus that gives the same folks everyone hits up as a sponsor a nice little break. ;)

The Poll is a good thing, Hopefully it can be put to good use as well.

HOP

Guys, I still can't figure out how to log into the survey.

I tried all the numbers on my label.

Do you have any ideas?

My original offer stands:

Email (rob@boudrie.com) or PM me with your member number and the numbers on your label that you are trying. Usually, this sort of problem is a printing issue, in which case I will be able to see that the actual PIN is very similar to what you think it is - in which case I will email you the correct one.

Feel free to contact me if you can provide this information. I am not running a "lost my front sight" service, so please don't email unless you can provide me with the number on your Front Sight label (or at least what the number looks like to you).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As to broader questions:

USPSA HQ was working a tight deadling with this survey, as they need to have resuls by the end of the year in oprder to satisfy a specific business need. I expect that USPSA will run another survey in the future, but I don't want to see members bombarded with lengthy surveys on a frequent basis. I know I'll be seeing Dave Thomas before the next demographic survey, and I will bring up the suggestions presented here.

Rob

Edited by Rob Boudrie

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Gary used to bring us brownies at Ashland Gun Club on the match day prior to elections. I suppose it was just a coinsidence though, not bribery...... :D

Edited by Kyreb

• 1 month later...

That is some interesting reading Rob! I think I will forward a copy to my local "sporting goods super-store" who repeatedly tell me they don't stock stuff for target shooters because "they aren't a big enough market statement". :)