Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

10 round 2011 Magazines Construction

cbrussell

How are 2011 10 round 40 S&W magazines constructed to limit the capacity to 10 rounds? Are they full length magazines just narrowed or are they shortened internally? Do they use full length springs or shortened springs? Any other issues of which I should be aware with the 10 round hi-cap magazines?

Thanks for the help.

I was looking at the MBX 140 mm 10 round 40 S&W magazines. My confusion stems from them saying they use a 13 coil magazine spring. I also read where some might have indented the bodies to create a “single stack” configuration. Just confused p, which seems to be the case more often than not.😀

8 hours ago, cbrussell said:

How are 2011 10 round 40 S&W magazines constructed to limit the capacity to 10 rounds? Are they full length magazines just narrowed or are they shortened internally? Do they use full length springs or shortened springs? Any other issues of which I should be aware with the 10 round hi-cap magazines?

Thanks for the help.

Better jump on those 10 rounders while you can. Soon, all the RI shooters will be buying them like crazy and you won’t be able to find any anywhere. Conversely, they will be offering great deals on their hi-caps…

Not a good time to be a RI gun owner. 

10 hours ago, warpspeed said:

They dimple them to prevent rounds from going all the way down

628-011__29784.1531953687.360.360.jpg?c=

How do they use full length springs? It would seem to me that they would be too long for the shortened body.

11 hours ago, cbrussell said:

How do they use full length springs? It would seem to me that they would be too long for the shortened body.

The coils are narrower than the follower so they run the full length of the magazine even with the indent.

Edited by Ronemus

On 6/21/2022 at 10:12 PM, cbrussell said:

Thanks for the help.

I thought MD you could have standard capacity mags you just couldn't buy them in the state? I shoot eastern shore uspsa with full magazines 

The early STI 10-rounders were dimpled, then ATF got cranky, so they became dimpled and sawcut partway through at the dimple.  Then they went to the 'single stack' design.