Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dawson Ice Glock Magwell

Harmon

Here are some pics of the magwell on a gun. They suck because I used the camera on my cell phone.

Thx, General Chang. I guess.

I feel strangely compelled to buy one of these, never mind that I *had* a brass THE magwell, and didn't like it -- made the gun balance funny, I thought, and cramped my grip, and the opening seems huge anyway, especially after reloads with a 1911.

I swear, I feel like one of those primitive people that gets freakin' bedazzled when the white, European colonists dangle some glass beads or trinket....

MUST HAVE!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the pics General.

I've never used a magwell (been shooting production, thinking about trying limited). Is it available with a white insert? It seems like white would be easier to line up the incoming mag.

Opinions on this anyone?

Edited by splashdown

It actually looks like it could fit the IPSC-box. Anyone try that out?

My understanding is that it does fit the IPSC box. In fact, that's why it's took so long to appear in their catalog - They had to do many redesigns with that goal in mind.

-Chet

Well, I got a dawson magwell by "accident" and man is it nice. Works GREAT with arredondo plus 5's and okay with arredondo plus 2's. They don't work well at all with factory mags without extended basepads.

The opening is huge and reloads are easier than ever. I have a black plastic insert in mine, but will be getting the white as soon as it is available.

The best magwell I have seen yet for a Glock

-RS

SJC makes a nice magwell. I just put one on my 24 tonight and it has a nice wide opening.

Dayum!

I thought that my Glock 35 was easy to reload with a THE magwell... that thing should suck up mags!

Easiest gun I've found to reload is my ICE-magwelled Open STI with 140's sporting Grams 11mm basepads with no width added due to extra capacity.

The Glock 35 was second, but I'm not sure it woulda been with this magwell. Know what basepads'll work with it?

Anyone got a bottom shot of the ICE?

Edited by 300lbGorilla

I know for a fact that the SJC magwell works with Arredondo and Dawson basepads and Im pretty sure that this magwell will work with most any extension. I had the THE brass magwell on my 24 before I put on the SJC magwell and lets just say I am much happier now. The THE magwell worked fine but this one works even better. It makes it very difficult to botch a reload.

I'm glad that two of you have seen these magazine wells on a G17 receiver sized Glock but again I repeat the Dawson Sales person was extremely insistent that they did not make one for a small framed Glock and I made it a point to ask since I own 8 G17 sized frames vs. 2 G20/21 frames.

I am confused, I just got off the phone with Paul @ DP and "only the SMALL frame magwell is available" I quiried him about the large frame and " they may but it is a long range plan"

So how are you guys getting them?

PK

I'm glad that two of you have seen these magazine wells on a G17 receiver sized Glock but again I repeat the Dawson Sales person was extremely insistent that they did not make one for a small framed Glock and I made it a point to ask since I own 8 G17 sized frames vs. 2 G20/21 frames.

I am confused, I just got off the phone with Paul @ DP and "only the SMALL frame magwell is available" I quiried him about the large frame and " they may but it is a long range plan"

So how are you guys getting them?

PK

Read the whole thread. They make them for the 17/24/22/34/35 size frames.

I just ordered them for my G20 and G21 unfortunately they wont be able to send them till after the Holidays. They use a channel plug that’s held in place by a screw in the lanyard hole. Also I was told that they only offer it for large frame Glock’s which is why I went ahead and ordered the Aluminum and Hard Chrome versions. Another thing the sales person told me was that the Chrome version weighs more than 7 ounce which makes it heavier than the NHO Stainless. Once I receive them (Early January) I'll provide a report on how they work.

I have read the thread and if ryucasta has them on order then why did DP tell me that I could not as they only have "long range plans" to manufacture them if at all.

Just wondering if I should call them back.

PK

I just ordered them for my G20 and G21 unfortunately they wont be able to send them till after the Holidays. They use a channel plug that’s held in place by a screw in the lanyard hole. Also I was told that they only offer it for large frame Glock’s which is why I went ahead and ordered the Aluminum and Hard Chrome versions. Another thing the sales person told me was that the Chrome version weighs more than 7 ounce which makes it heavier than the NHO Stainless. Once I receive them (Early January) I'll provide a report on how they work.

I have read the thread and if ryucasta has them on order then why did DP tell me that I could not as they only have "long range plans" to manufacture them if at all.

Just wondering if I should call them back.

PK

Sorry, part of the thread has been excised.

Read it here: http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=31037

ryucasta doesn't have large frame magwells on order.

• 4 weeks later...

Ordered this recently with some trepidation, as I didn't like a brass THE magwell, I tried...This arrived yesterday.

Very, very nice.

Two items of note: even the non-heavy model is secured with a brass insert, or slug, that adds some weight. Second, some of my *older* 10-round mags no longer drop free with this magwell added, but everything else does, so it's a non-issue.

ice.jpg

Edited by boo radley

I just got one of these, and the brass slug was a very tight fit in the uuuh, butt hole of my G34. This caused some swelling and interfered with magazines dropping free. They fell out and just hung up at the bottom. I just reduced the plug a little, with a file and a dremel sanding drum, and now it works great. Nice magwell.