Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dawson Ice Glock Magwell

Harmon

When I try Limited again, I think the ICE is the way to go. But, Im getting so used to the reloads in Prod w/out anything, I dont know if I want to change it, it might hurt my Prod reloads.

You said it man. Although I can't justify it with any reasonable explanation I am faster and more consistent into my tiny krebs plastic magwell than anything else I can hang on my gun, even though I am back in FL and am allowed to hang some big ole' bucket on there.

So, at least for now it's tiny mags and tiny magwell. :wacko:

Sorry, back to GLok-talk.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got one of these, and the brass slug was a very tight fit in the uuuh, butt hole of my G34. This caused some swelling and interfered with magazines dropping free. They fell out and just hung up at the bottom. I just reduced the plug a little, with a file and a dremel sanding drum, and now it works great. Nice magwell.

I agree that the brass slug is very tight, though I didn't try it in my butt hole ;) .

I had the same bulge and problem with mags not wanting to drop free. I ordered the light aluminum model with the smaller brass slug. I also used a sanding drum to reduce the size of the brass slug. Also, I asked for the white insert, but got a black one. There was a handwritten note on my invoice that said the white was not available yet. No big deal. I'm glad they decided to just ship sooner than wait for the white one. Now I'm ready for Limited div. Shooting season starts this weekend. I'll be posting pics soon.

Updated: Here's a link to a pic of my new limited gun :). Finally, after 4 years of shooting production, I get to reload half as often!

http://home.comcast.net/~prophet60091/images/G35Limited.jpg

Edited by splashdown

I just installed the ICE on my G35 last night. Love it. Reloads are a snap.

This gun has been a dream so far as aftermarket parts go. The KKM barrel dropped in like it was fitted by a pro. The brass slug for the ICE was a perfect (not loose at all) fit.

I forgot to mention that while I believe my ICE for Para magwell only works with Dawson extensions (that's all I have, so I don't care), tonight I found that the ICE for glock will work with my 4 Dawson extensions, a pair of +2 glock extensions, and a stock 15 round mag.

I had to smack the crap out of the +2 glock extensions to get them to seat initially, but after that they seat easily. The stock glock mag is lost in the magwell, but it certainly works.

JFD

You're right, Glock +2 [or Scherer +2] are difficult to seat, even downloaded one round. It's not the magwell, it's the mag. However they work great for speed shoots, loaded with 10 or 12 in them.

The factory flat base mags are okay to LAMR - I usually have a flat mag with one round in it to load up the gun with. They also work as a drop mag for speed shoots - 10 or 12 rounds. Just have to use your thumb to seat them, is all.

Once I seated the living crap out of the glock +2 extention equipped mags and actually got them to lock, they seat as easily as the mags with Dawson extensions now.

I was planning on dragging out the dremel, but that has been unnecessary.

I was really surprised the stock 15 round mags seated without a problem.

I did do a minor amount of blending of the magwell and the glock mag opening, so that may have helped the situation.