Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which Red Dot

ShootingPilot

1 hour ago, ColoradoNick said:

Lifetime warranty right? lol, I have two setups if the need ever arises to send one in. I would let it turn itself off but I've been too lazy to figure out how to do it. I'm pretty sure mine is set in manual mode. I know my wife's DPP was in "shake awake" mode until it wasn't and I ended up having to swap a battery for her at a match because it had been on non-stop for a few months and went dead.

I've been messing around with occluding the dot with tape in the event I end up shooting at a funky angle to the sun. Messing around with it at the range, my accuracy doesn't seem to change either way and it doesn't bother me. I've almost ordered the cover from SBGW but tape works just as well. 

SRO is not lifetime warranty

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, ColoradoNick said:

You're right I think the SRO is 5 years? I've heard their warranty service is top notch though. 

It is pretty good, but it does not get turned around fast from the people on the forum turning them in for warranty.

• 2 weeks later...

I've run literally everything and everything has failed at some point - except the trusty Cmore Slideride.  If I could mount that on my CO gun, I would.  I settled on SRO 2.5 for CO.  I have had one fail and Trijicon replaced it quickly.  It was probably a fluke thing but that dot had seen less than 500 rounds and went completely dead during dry fire; true story.  Trijicon was responsive via email and they ended up sending me a completely new optic.  

15 hours ago, rpm8300 said:

I've run literally everything and everything has failed at some point - except the trusty Cmore Slideride.  If I could mount that on my CO gun, I would.  I settled on SRO 2.5 for CO.  I have had one fail and Trijicon replaced it quickly.  It was probably a fluke thing but that dot had seen less than 500 rounds and went completely dead during dry fire; true story.  Trijicon was responsive via email and they ended up sending me a completely new optic.  

I still run a slideride where possible. Recently, I've tried RTS2 but end up coming back to the using a 507 but recently moved into the SRO. 

24 minutes ago, tator2k said:

I still run a slideride where possible. Recently, I've tried RTS2 but end up coming back to the using a 507 but recently moved into the SRO. 

To add more details, I favored RTS2s for a while but on my CO guns, the glass was coming loose.  This happened on 2 dots; Cmore does a very good job of replacing these sorts of optics quickly.  It was odd because I'm running relatively soft loads that shouldn't be breaking optics frequently, i.e. 147 with medium burn rate powder.  The RTS2s are otherwise pretty good, now that they have quite a few revisions under their belt.

The SRO had a halo issue in its earlier versions but they seemed to have fixed this.  The optic itself seems very rugged and I like the profile backwards compatibility with the RMR and the top loading battery design.  The glass is large, clear, and the dot granularity is very good.  

Lastly I will say I also like the R3MAX but its profile makes it a bit of a problem; it's not really backwards compatible with anything and requires adapter and puts the dot higher.

• 1 month later...
On 5/4/2023 at 11:32 AM, BigHand said:

I'm curious why anyone is turning off an SRO? I didn't even know how to turn it off and I have two. My RMR's, Holosuns, SRO's have never once been turned off. 

A lot of dots that cater to the competitive market seem to have poor battery life. Dots like the FTP 2 offer a lot of what competitive shooters want but I can't get myself to purchase one because the battery life is so small.

Batteries arent that pricey in bulk. For whatever reason 2032's are $8 each or 10 for $9. I have 3 SROs oldest being almost 2 years and the newest 6 months. Im thinking ill start doing a yearly swap.

• 9 months later...