Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I video'd myself shooting, should I have my thumbs crossed?

ysrracer

Whatever works. For some reason when I pick up my 929 to shoot my week thumb automatically goes up and crosses my other thumb.    It just seemed natural even though it’s not a big bore snubby…. It just works best for me.

Based on the curvature of the ground, I’m betting this is a trick of a wide angle lens. Plus it looks like a safety table and trash can behind him. My guess is that he is not downrange. What hat cam are you using?

1 hour ago, J_Allen said:

Based on the curvature of the ground, I’m betting this is a trick of a wide angle lens. Plus it looks like a safety table and trash can behind him. My guess is that he is not downrange. What hat cam are you using?

Yes, it's not me shooting. It's a revo shooter from this past weekend at the Golden Bullet USPSA match in Northern Cal.

I just took a screen shot of his video. He said it's a Go Pro with a wide angle lens.

When I saw it, I was like, WTF :)

19 hours ago, ysrracer said:

I just took a screen shot of his video. He said it's a Go Pro with a wide angle lens.

I'm about 95% sure the cameraman is uprange. GoPros really distort angles. They have 170-degree fields of view, which means 85 degrees on either side of the centerline. You could be looking at a target 45 degrees up from the 180, and still catch a guy standing 40 degrees behind the 180 at the edge of the frame.