Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Numbering / Marking Glock Mags?

Religious Shooter

I take a sharp blade like an Exacto knife and put roman numerals in the sides down near the base pads. I, II, III, IX, etc. Easy to do it as sliced in grooves with the Exacto. This type of carved in numbers don't raise the surface like a vibra-marker will. I match the marks on the base pads also so they don't get mixed up (I don't know why I care about this detail, but I do).

If you want to go the covert way, where you dont put something noticable on the mags, take a plain black sharpie to make small dots on the mag. You can still see them plainly if you know where you put them.

A bit of drift, here:

Does anybody sell the colored base pads that I saw in the Glock annual? or is that a military/police only type item?

If I get a different caliber from my current Glocks (3 .40 S&W's), I thought it'd be an easy way not to mix up mags.

Drift off, thank you, kindly... :P

A bit of drift, here:

Does anybody sell the colored base pads that I saw in the Glock annual? or is that a military/police only type item?

If I get a different caliber from my current Glocks (3 .40 S&W's), I thought it'd be an easy way not to mix up mags.

Orange and Blue base pads are available from Glock. The orange is for training mags, the blue for Simmunitions mags.

A bit of drift, here:

Orange and Blue base pads are available from Glock. The orange is for training mags, the blue for Simmunitions mags.

They're also available at Topglock.com. Fairly cheap, too, as I recall.

Edited by jkrispies

I really didn't want to make permanent marks on my magazines, so I just used a brother p-touch label maker. I put my name and mag # on the label and stuck it on the bottom plate, where the Glock emblem is. I've been using them for several years with no labels coming off.

Good luck,

Itchy

Hmmm...I picked up a steel stamping set that was on sale at Harbour Freight one day. I was wondering what I bought it for. :):)

I hate it when that happens.. which it does a lot. ;) I CNC mill mag numbers, but that's a bit of overkill, especially on Glock mags.

Hmmm...I picked up a steel stamping set that was on sale at Harbour Freight one day. I was wondering what I bought it for. :):)

I hate it when that happens.. which it does a lot. ;) I CNC mill mag numbers, but that's a bit of overkill, especially on Glock mags.

Wow, now that's dedication. :)

Wow, now that's dedication. :)

Naah, easy if you've got the mill and G-code already set up.. :Dhttp://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?...ndpost&p=316235

• 2 weeks later...
I wanna number my G17 mags. I don't want to tape anything to the mags nor do I really want to carve into the plastic. Are there any markers out there that are visible on the black plastic of the mags? Any other ideas?

The best thing is to go to an art supply store and get a silver colored Sharpie fine point marker. I think they just changed the official name of the color to "metallic" from "silver" or vice versa.

The paint pens leave something that will wear off easily.

Joe Mamma

I couldn't find the paint pens at my local office superstore. They had the Sharpie Metallic in silver so I got a pack of those instead.

I haven't campaigned the mags yet but the Mettalic ink looks like it will last for awhile. The only problem I have with the ink is that it initially seems kind of runny or wet. It's like applying liquid paper. But it is all good. :)

A member at the local club I shoot at has started painting his Glock frame. Some kind of Krylon spray paint is supposed to work really well (assuming you allow it to cure for about a week after application). Saw it last month when it was tan. I hear that it's now bright yellow for the bumble bee look. Seems that for your application, it's a trip to your local hardware store and pick a unique color(s) of your choice and quickly have some very personalized base pads.