Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2022 Area 4 SC insights?

joseywales

43 minutes ago, Umbrarian said:

If this is not current please tell me:

The 2022 Area 4 Championship will return to The United States Shooting Academy in Tulsa, OK next year.
The match is tentatively set for September 22nd - 25th, pending approval.

That's for USPSA.

23 hours ago, shred said:

Probably best to ask the MD and all-around good dude who is on here periodically.  DarthSquirrel or something. ;)

@Darqusoull13

Nobody goes straight to the source anymore. It's much easier to post an opinion then re-post a slightly modified version like an online game of telephone. 🤣

We were very much looking forward to this match again. We got a ton of great feedback from 2021. Nearly every RO and shooter from last year had this blocked off and a bunch of folks were ready to shoot. All of our youth clinic instructors were in again and we had a few more reach out. 

Sometimes things don't work out though. We were very happy to have put on an event for the SCSA community and we hope the sport continues to progress in an awesome direction. 

I hate to seem like I was avoiding tagging you, but I didn't ask you directly because it was obvious that there was something going on behind the scenes that wasn't being talked about publicly. Even what you just posted was a non-answer lol. 

Oh well. Guess I'll just go on with no more Area matches in TX. 

Edited by Xanatos903

Yep, if it were up to myself, shooters, sponsors, RO's this match would have been filled up already. 

Area 4 used to be held in Texas regularly. The time it was at CCC in Cresson the match was very well done. The times it was at Area 59 it was not so good. So much so that I emailed our AD. 

Speaking of, if you want Area matches to come back to Texas it's going to take ranges capable of hosting the match, a large local staff and club presence and emails to Area4@uspsa.org to get the match to that location. 

Of the ranges I've been to recently the guys that put on the North Texas Open did a phenomenal job this past year. Interestingly, I believe they also hosted Area 4 when it was in Cresson. 

18 hours ago, Xanatos903 said:

I hate to seem like I was avoiding tagging you, but I didn't ask you directly because it was obvious that there was something going on behind the scenes that wasn't being talked about publicly. Even what you just posted was a non-answer lol. 

Oh well. Guess I'll just go on with no more Area matches in TX. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/28/2022 at 7:16 PM, joseywales said:

A4 SC is on again?  Please share details.

Looks like I misspoke. I just checked the list of approved matches and Area 4 is not listed. Our goal is to have an Area championship in all 8 areas this calendar year. I'll reach out to the Area 4 director and see what I can find out. 

1 minute ago, AR_James said:

I have heard from a source I trust, that the Area 4 SC match will be at Old Fort Gun Club outside of Fort Smith, AR.  First or second weekend of October, probably Oct. 8th/9th weekend.  

LOL because there are not enough matches and other things scheduled in Late September/October.

On 2/11/2022 at 8:33 PM, Umbrarian said:

LOL because there are not enough matches and other things scheduled in Late September/October.

Yeah, I'm not involved with whatever is happening anymore but the big draw for early April was 1) great prep for WSSC, 2) gorgeous weather and wildflowers and 3) minimal conflict for USPSA crossover shooters

At a shoot today they announced that the area 4 steel challenge match will be at Old Fort Gun Club in Ft. Smith. I think he said Oct. but I'm not sure now. My brain is fried after the shoot and drive home.

25 minutes ago, egd5 said:

At a shoot today they announced that the area 4 steel challenge match will be at Old Fort Gun Club in Ft. Smith. I think he said Oct. but I'm not sure now. My brain is fried after the shoot and drive home.

Area 4 now appears on the SCSA website under upcoming major matches.  Old Fort Gun Club, Van Buren, AR.     Oct 7-9, 2022

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Texaspaul said:

What happened to Area 4 match?

"We are sorry to announce that the 2022 Area 4 Steel Challenge match has been cancelled.

A change of venue and the date of the match, due to the original range backing out, were too much to overcome.

Those who have already registered and paid will be contacted to receive their refunds as soon as possible.

Thank you,

Area 4 Staff."

On 6/25/2022 at 5:16 PM, Texaspaul said:

Is there any effort to find another club and range to host the event around the same date? 

Not that date because it's right smack dab in the middle of A4 USPSA, NTX Open and Nationals but...maybe in the spring :)