Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anybody know Mason Wills from Phoenix?

Mason is a FB friend that I don't "really" know and he's promoting a guy named Evan Nelsonn on FB who is supposed to be a good source for primers.  Just looking to see if Mason Wills is known to anybody on here.  His profile says he's a USPSA shooter.

Thanks and Merry Christmas!!

Trace

2 minutes ago, RangerTrace said:

I couldn't see how to search by name, only USPSA number.  

You need to be a club uploader or whatever they call it. I also did a search of "Wills" in Practiscore Competitor and didn't see any results at any Arizona clubs that I know of.

16 minutes ago, GrumpyOne said:

Could the last name be Willis instead of Wills?

It's possible, but thats not how he has it on FB.  There was some 2016 Area 8 footage on his page.  Supposedly of him shooting open.  Results show a Lee Wills, TY66449 shooting that match.

It’s fake. There are numerous different profiles where they take other shooters pictures and videos and make fake profiles. We had one recently that had like 20 mutual friends. All shooters and was crowing for a derben tactics out of Maine that has tons of primers and powder in stock. They are 100% a scam. 

Another fake profile was going around that had took photos of a local M class shooter trying to pimp out primers. 

rule of thumb is if it sounds to good to be true, it definitely is. 

Just to sum it up:

I hate to admit it, but me and several of my FB friends were scammed by some guy(s) on FB advertising primers.  Evan Nelsonn was the seller and we had a mutual friend named Mason Wills who appeared to be a USPSA shooter from Phoenix.  Turns out Wills didn't exist and unfortunately, I didn't figure that out until I had already Zelle'd Nelsonn 370  bucks for 5K primers.  I should have known better and only fell for it because it appeared we had a common friend.

Nelsonn had pics on his page going back to 2013 of primers and other components.  Wills had some match footage  from Area 8 in 2016.  I ran that down and found the only Wills that shot that match was Lee Wills and they are not related.

So, please take advantage of my $370 lesson and don't be fooled.

Have y'all heard of the reloading discord? It's a message board with alot of different reloading related channels with thousands of members that post when various reloading components are in stock online. There are no amazing deals primers cost what they cost from Midway, Brownells, etc but they are available regularly and I would be happy to help explain to anyone how to get started and set up notifications for when primers and powder are available. 

5 hours ago, Lightj75 said:

Have y'all heard of the reloading discord? It's a message board with alot of different reloading related channels with thousands of members that post when various reloading components are in stock online. There are no amazing deals primers cost what they cost from Midway, Brownells, etc but they are available regularly and I would be happy to help explain to anyone how to get started and set up notifications for when primers and powder are available. 

Send it or lay it out here.....

https://discord.com/invite/reloading

That is the link which will take you to the website. There is also a mobile app.

Step 1. accept invite

Step 2. Create an account/ sign in Step 3. On the left side of the screen or swipe to the left if using mobile. There will be a list of channels. Go to "notification selection" and select what components you would like to be notified of in the form of a notification much like a text message or email but through the app. Example: select letter  X - small pistol primer notifications, letter D- for small rifle primers. Screenshot_20211227-194711.thumb.png.975185dbf57f89bc3da79aec48850bd2.png

you can also see other channels by going to channels selection and selecting said channels

( competition reloading, long range reloading) 

Sorry If my instructions suck I'm dealing with a 4 month old, but dont be afraid to just hop on there and ask for help there are alot of nice people willing to help. Then just wait for a notification that says whatever you need is in stock most things don't take long to come around. 

Primer scamming seems to be pretty common unfortunately. My son got burned by that armadillo arms that was listed on here as a probable decent place. He sent them a check a long time ago knowing it would be a little while but now there's no response. Unless I can put them in my hand and walk out the store with them, or mom from a reputable place like Midway or Brownells or powder valley I'm just skipping it

Airline Tickets are not that expensive....... If someone scammed me for hundreds or thousands of dollars I would show up on their door step to get my cash back or an appropriate amount of teeth.

Luckily I have only had to deploy this strategy once and the look of desperation on their face when I was looming in their doorstep was worth the effort in of its self. 

1 hour ago, CHA-LEE said:

Airline Tickets are not that expensive....... If someone scammed me for hundreds or thousands of dollars I would show up on their door step to get my cash back or an appropriate amount of teeth.

Luckily I have only had to deploy this strategy once and the look of desperation on their face when I was looming in their doorstep was worth the effort in of its self. 

Oops! I withdraw my primer offer. 🤣

3 hours ago, CHA-LEE said:

The problem is, without an official police investigation and subsequent search warrant on Zelle, I will never know the real identity of the scammer and likely not even then.  I'm not going to waste a Detective's time because of my stupidity.  Not for $370 bucks.  It's confirmed he got a least one of my 3gun friends for over $300 as well.

6 hours ago, CHA-LEE said:

About 18 years ago, when I was having my current house built, the builder was dragging his feet, not wanting to do the work. Several months went by, my frustration grew and grew, till it finally boiled over one day when talking to the builder. He tried to strongarm me into paying an additional $40k more (under the table) for him to re-start work on the house. I went to his place of business, and gently began tapping on his front door...with a 3' piece of 1" galvanized pipe. I told him, in no uncertain terms, what would happen to that pipe, if he were to open the door...he did not open the door...but he did start back on the house. About 2 months after he completed the house, him ,his son & daughter, and several business partners were arrested for embezzlement from the company and some other charges...he tried the same on some other clients, some paid, but others went to the cops. He and his son skipped out on bail, went to Mexico for a couple of years, then came back when the money ran out. They were both caught robbing a bank 1 county south of the county I live in. Still doing time, I believe.

I'm in the residential construction industry and it's sad how many people get screwed by someone calling themselves a contractor, plumber, roofer, etc. I've seen some absolutely ridiculous stuff done that I've had to repair. Things so bad you hate to charge the people to fix  because they already paid to have it done the wrong way. I'll stay busy forever working behind idiots but dealing with wary customers who think all construction companies are crooks is a real pain in the ass. They have every right to be though after screwing up the first time. All I can say is be careful out there the lengths people will go to scam you makes me think it would be easier just to get a job. 

• 1 month later...

Well, I just fell for it an hour ago, but fortunately PayPal saved my dumbass.

The 'mutual friend' on FB is James Barton, hawking primer availability from Redwing Tactics.

My first clue sure have been that 'Redwing' responded to Messenger at 11:30 pm, claiming that yes, they had Win, and CCI in stock.

Second clue was the syntax of writing was a bit off, but I attributed that to spell check.

Third clue should have been when I asked about Sport Pistol, and the person didn't know what I meant.

I glanced at the Redwing website and it looked legit. (Had I looked at their accepted methods of payment, I would have seen the huge red flag.)

I sent a message to James Barton asking about Redwing Tactics.

Moments later received a glowing, but oddly worded endorsement.

Reading them over again, it's apparent both Redwing and James Barton's responses were written by the same person.

Caught up in primer and powder euphoria, I attempted to send the $370 PayPal anyway.

PayPal blocked it.

The seller then requested the funds from me. PayPal blocked it again.

Then I got suspicious and had the uh-oh moment. Searching BE I found this thread.

Then I went back to the James Barton FB post, and guess who has been commenting on the thread; none other than our friend Mason Wills...

Looking through the Barton posts, is apparent now to me that they are fake.

I gotta give props to PayPal, they saved me $430 tonight.

DF11B05F-46E3-4015-8D84-94B99BB60001.png

Edited by BentAero