Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AO1 primer sensitivity

Bakerjd

I've wanted an AO1 since they first were announced. But I've shed away partially because I know it won't get shot very much but mostly because I womder if it will be sensitive to primers like my tanfo was. I normally use CCI SPP or ginex primers. 

They’ll pop CCI primers as long as you don’t go too light on the hammer spring. Think the CGW 11.5 lit them fine in my old one with the typical 6/2 DA/SA pull. 

They aren’t drastically different from a shadow 2, I’m sure there’s plenty of those guys running CCI or Ginex

I run 2 A01LDs, both set up the same:  11lb mainspring, extended firing pin, reduced power firing pin spring and CZ Custom Ghost hammers.  No issues in igniting CCI or Ginex primers - around 35k rounds in one gun and about 18k rounds in the other.

If you keep the gun completely stock, you will have absolutely no problems in setting off any small pistol primer due to hardness.

One thing with Ginex primers is to make sure you set them deep.

Edited by Hooked

Honestly I would call Stuart Wong and tell him what your concerns on the primers are, and he’ll be able to configure the gun however you want. And while he’s at it, you can configure any of the other things like the trigger however you want and even get it DLC coated or hard chromed. That’s what I did.

• 2 months later...

I have come full circle on this and am gonna get the A01. Was going to just get the shadow 2 but I really like amd want the A01. My second go round with a tanfo has resulted in the same dislike as the first time. 

10 hours ago, Bakerjd said:

I have come full circle on this and am gonna get the A01. Was going to just get the shadow 2 but I really like amd want the A01. My second go round with a tanfo has resulted in the same dislike as the first time. 

Good call even if you got the shadow you’d have ended up with the a01 just for that fact it’s what you really want.  It’s a great gun. Shooting them back to back it’s noticeable how little muzzle flip the a01 has compared to the S2. And that’s saying something. 

for what it’s worth I didn’t enjoy my tanfo. Just never felt right in my hands. The cz s2 and all variants fixed that. 

I ended up snagging a "used" A01LD at my favorite gunshop today. I say used with quotations because after looking at everything on the gun and mags I'm 99% sure the previous owner never fired it at all. Got it for $1800. Only thing is that it isn't an optic ready model so I'm gonna see if CZC can mill the slide for their plate system. Not sure if I want to go with my normal FTP Alpha 3 or a DPP 6moa. I like the A3 but the DPP wouldn't require any extra milling except for the plate. The A3 is longer then a RTS2 so it or a romeo 3max would. Also want to getbthe extended right side safety and maybe some more grippy grips (I like a very aggressive texture) I love it. Trigger is damn fine right out the box. 

18 hours ago, Bakerjd said:

I say used with quotations because after looking at everything on the gun and mags I'm 99% sure the previous owner never fired it at all. Got it for $1800.

What a find! Enjoy!!!

On 3/13/2022 at 4:46 PM, Bakerjd said:

I thought so as well. And even with getting the RDS CZC plate system cut amd a plate for the romeo 3max I'm still under the original cost. 

Congrats! You will love it.

Just now, Tunachaser said:

I have Lok grips on mine and, as I have a large number of 75B mags, I had them make the grips so I could use them in my A-01.

Yep. Lok is great like that. Lots of guys hesitated to come over to the A01 from the 75 due to the mags. The 75 mags actually work in the gun as is but wiggle around.

5 hours ago, Tunachaser said:

I have Lok grips on mine and, as I have a large number of 75B mags, I had them make the grips so I could use them in my A-01.

What did you have to specify in your order to get them to do that?

EDIT: Neve mind; I see that they instruct you to contact them.

Edited by SuperKing

2 minutes ago, SuperKing said:

What did you have to specify in your order to get them to do that?

EDIT: Neve mind; I see that they instruct you to contact them.

Haha. Yes, they are really fast to reply and will do one off special things sometimes too. 

• 2 weeks later...

Shot it and wow. Love it. Just need to send off to CZC for milling the red dot plate. Also what hammer springs, and extended firing pin works with this gun? Would like to reduce the DA a little.