We are now taking pre-orders for RevUp Action(TM) hammers

Toolguy

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My 4 inch 617 is all anxious for this upgrade. I can't wait to shoot it and compare it to my 617 with the Apex Tactical hammer setup.  I'm sure it will be an enjoyable exercise and I intend to write up my reactions to both.

We'll be interested to see what a pro like yourself has to say. For best results, use a stock S&W mainspring and find the lightest rebound spring that works well. While we're at it, Happy New Year!

Yesterday, we shipped the first half of the existing K-/L-frame hammer orders. We discovered that we were low on some parts, but we should have those by the end of next week. We're hoping to ship the rest of the orders then.

I received my RevUpHammer kit on Monday and was able to install it in a matter of minutes.  It's that easy to do.  

I put it in my new 4 inch 617.  This gun is basically stock. My DA pull iwas set 9 pounds 7 ounces to get 100 % reliability with my favorite .22 ammo and requires 52 ounces of hammer fall to set off my ammo. With an 11 pound rebound spring I have had no problems with the trigger resetting with stock parts.  With the RevUp kit I had to put the 12 pound rebound spring in.  I was getting too many failures to reset at 11 pounds.

Measuring the SA pull it's just over 4 pounds on average with the 12 pound spring.

I found that I can get away with 46 ounces of hammer fall for 100% reliability using Remington Bucket Of Bullets. It even sets off my CCI Clean ammo with no problems. The DA pull ends up being 9 pounds 2 ounces, so, not much difference on paper but a major difference in the feel of the gun.

I can pull through the trigger much better than my 7 pound DA pull on my 6 inch gun.  The sights hardly move throughout the pull and my accuracy is much better.  

I'll do more tests and comparisons of the two guns but I'm very happy with the RevUp kit.  

2 hours ago, AzShooter said:

I received my RevUpHammer kit on Monday and was able to install it in a matter of minutes.  It's that easy to do.  

I put it in my new 4 inch 617.  This gun is basically stock. My DA pull iwas set 9 pounds 7 ounces to get 100 % reliability with my favorite .22 ammo and requires 52 ounces of hammer fall to set off my ammo. With an 11 pound rebound spring I have had no problems with the trigger resetting with stock parts.  With the RevUp kit I had to put the 12 pound rebound spring in.  I was getting too many failures to reset at 11 pounds.

Measuring the SA pull it's just over 4 pounds on average with the 12 pound spring.

I found that I can get away with 46 ounces of hammer fall for 100% reliability using Remington Bucket Of Bullets. It even sets off my CCI Clean ammo with no problems. The DA pull ends up being 9 pounds 2 ounces, so, not much difference on paper but a major difference in the feel of the gun.

I can pull through the trigger much better than my 7 pound DA pull on my 6 inch gun.  The sights hardly move throughout the pull and my accuracy is much better.  

I'll do more tests and comparisons of the two guns but I'm very happy with the RevUp kit.  

Is it 9lbs 2oz at start then gets lighter but a trigger garage won’t go backwards? Any way to check the weight on the second half of the movement?

I’ve got a K/L hammer that I’m going to put in a new 617 that’s a test mule for things like this hammer. 

Guys:

My experience with the RUAH is much like Warren stated a number of months ago.  

Basically, it is a smooth trigger pull that begins harder than it ends.  Smooth all the way through though.  No hang ups but a guy has to be aware that it starts slow and speeds up as opposed to a consistent trigger pull found with a after market speed trigger / hammer that has been installed perfectly.  

As good as a perfectly tuned after market speed trigger and hammer?  Sometimes I think so, other times am not sure.  It does take some getting used to.

Have also found that the faster the trigger pull, the more consistent and precise I am with the RUAH.  It probably isn't a trigger for someone who likes to stage the pull.  It can be done but takes some work.  

A pretty remarkable design.  Two of them are working for me right now and I 'spect' the K frame will work in my 617.

GG

Edited by gargoil66

It's like Gargoil66 states.  Hard to describe, it's a totally different trigger pull but I sure do like it.  I still need to do some live fire testing with different ammo types but it likes my favorite, Remington Bucket Of Bullets just fine.  I increased the DA pull to an average of 9.9 pounds and it still feels great.  I'm doing a lot of dry firing to get use to it.

DSC_7925_0425.jpg

Thanks, guys! It is different, but you can't get different results by doing the same thing over and over. This one gives the trigger the leverage of a toggle linkage over the hammer. Similar to a reloading press linkage. The trigger smoothly gets easier to pull as the mechanical leverage increases over the hammer.

And another RUAH installed with absolutely no problems at all.  None.  

This one is in my 617 and the difference in trigger pulls is stunning.

Went from a creeping and heavy pull to a smooth, positive and what feels like a much lighter pull.

Will blast with it tomorrow to make sure it works with a variety of cheap .22 LR. 

$250.00, drop in, zero problems, go from a garbage trigger pull to a competitive trigger pull. 

All within twenty minutes and without one bit of fitting.

Really remarkable.

GG

Got mine and installed it on my 627 last night. Love it! I have the Pro Series, so the factory trigger wasn't totally horrendous. But this has changed it into a completely different animal. Can't wait to get it out to the range and do some tuning. Thank you again for making this product!

• 5 months later...

It depends on your particular gun. Due to manufacturing variations, some are OK and some aren't. You can put an O ring over the firing pin so the hammer hits it, to dry fire. A 3/16 Id and 5/16 OD made of rubber or silicone works well. A small, pointy  pair of tweezers is helpful to get it in and out. Don't forget to remove it before shooting.

17 hours ago, MedicGunGuy said:

Do you have an ETA for the N Frame DAO hammers?

Nothing specific. It's impossible to predict the future. There are only 2 of us, each running a business, with the gun parts business additional. I can tell you that it will be as soon as we can make it happen, just don't know when that will be. We are hoping to get the next production run done in a month or so. We may or may not make it, depending on the needs of our primary customers.