Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EAA is not importing Tanfoglio anymore?

ATMester

35 minutes ago, BritinUSA said:

Is it IFG now? I think they have a distribution center in Texas http://www.italianfirearmsgroup.com/ftitalia/

IFG was also importing them but they offered different models than EAA. Closest to a Stock II that IFG has is a Stock Defiant which is a bit of a mash up. Dimensions and rail  of a Stock III with a bull-barrel like a Stock II.

• 2 weeks later...

I had heard by jungle drums, that EAA and tanfo had a disagreement that... escalated. The result being EAA took their marbles and stomped off to cry at home.  (<- some literary license there).

Honestly, the tanfo basics have always been decent, but needed a bit of "love". The 4 part Memphismechanic youtube vid showed all that was needed.  The folks at IFG are good, so im not worried.

On 11/6/2021 at 10:22 PM, N7VY said:

I wouldn’t look forward to having a warranty from EAA. If you change a spring they won’t “honor” the warranty. Sad.

So true... never seen any company worse than EAA.

Great pistols... bad importer. 🙄

I’m not selling nor have any interest in this but there’s a guy on a major gun selling site that has been selling used Tanfos. He has more for sale than all the others selling theirs. Well maybe not really. There in Scottsdale, AZ. Maybe he bought all of eaa’s stock? 

On 11/6/2021 at 9:22 PM, N7VY said:

I wouldn’t look forward to having a warranty from EAA. If you change a spring they won’t “honor” the warranty. Sad.

My experience with IFG is pretty much the same.

Love Tanfo's when they are right but quality control and warranty service are not their high water marks. 

On 12/2/2021 at 2:39 PM, IHAVEGAS said:

My experience with IFG is pretty much the same.

Love Tanfo's when they are right but quality control and warranty service are not their high water marks. 

Liked your comment on Tanfoglio factory QC. Turn gun upside down and shake. If slide stays on it is good to ship.

Losing EAA is good. I have gotten the wrong parts from them multiple times. They ALWAYS replied I ordered the wrong parts. Once when I sent a photo of what they shipped they said it was not their part. What I had sent a picture of was not a Tangfoglio part. Took a month of back and forth to return for correct part. Waited a year once and when part came it was wrong. Still have it. Cost over 200.00. Does not fit any of my guns. They told if I order wrong part it is on me. Stupid, crooked, or both. 

I will never order one of those Turkish wonders they now carry.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd been a Tanfoglio / EAA fan since the early 90's and back in the day, EAA had great service with knowledgeable employees. The past couple of years they had difficulties with their website and on hand stock confusion and added to that a complete re-design of the website made it all worse. Oh well...

The great thing about Tanfo is all of the factory made models, upgrades / options. I can't think of another maker that has such an extensive array of guns from carry to fully tricked out models. I hope IFG can at the very least get up to where EAA was at some point.

21 hours ago, Polymer said:

Wonder if all the guns will have the new style cocking serrations.

At least from their website, all the new guns will have the new serrations.  Hopefully they import a good number of large frame pistols.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/22/2021 at 3:11 PM, Endall said:

I hope so too. I was mad at EAA/Tanfoglio and would not order a Hunter. Felt I had given them too much patience and money. 

Wanted a Hunter. Now I cannot get one.

I saw a Hunter last summer at a gun show and couldn't take my wallet out fast enough.

Most I've seen were blah finished. This one was dark black, I even had a spare set of black aluminum grips and mag well for it.

tanfoglio_hunter_10mm.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/18/2022 at 4:01 PM, RogerS said:

I'm not one to wish ill on anyone, but I'm glad tanfoglio has moved on to another importer, hopefully it will be good news for Tanfo fans...thanks for the updates!

My experience with IFG was less than promising. 

To me, the best advice I can give anyone, is not to buy any Tanfo that you can not either lay hands on prior to sale or buy used from a seller you trust. Nice guns, marginal quality control, good luck with any warranty issues.