Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EAA is not importing Tanfoglio anymore?

ATMester

On 2/2/2022 at 10:02 AM, IHAVEGAS said:

My experience with IFG was less than promising. 

To me, the best advice I can give anyone, is not to buy any Tanfo that you can not either lay hands on prior to sale or buy used from a seller you trust. Nice guns, marginal quality control, good luck with any warranty issues. 

I've had great luck with all of my Tanfos, like most here, difficulties with EAA 😞 Not good to see that IFG  is less than wonderful. Maybe it's growing pains, maybe they don't want too deal with EAA distributed stuff. I hope it's the former.

8 hours ago, gnappi said:

Maybe it's growing pains, maybe they don't want too deal with EAA distributed stuff. I hope it's the former.

Shouldn't be growing pains, they have been firearm importers for a while, just not Tanfo's. Also, the occasion I had to deal with them involved one of the guns they had imported. 

For what it is worth if I was going to buy new I would ask them for details about warranty beforehand, if anyone does it would be interesting to know what accuracy they will warrant. I searched the website and found a return form but did not find any warranty details on anything they import https://www.italianfirearmsgroup.com/tanfoglio/firearms/pistol-xtreme/ . 

“Delivery expected in April.  MSRP TBA.”
Regarding to Stock2 per IFG today. 

We gone from first quarter to April…
I like  my Stock2 but when the slide cracked EAA wanted $800 for a new slide ( under the lifetime warranty…lol) and now these guys blowing smoke. 
At this point a Stock2 is a  <$2000 gun with the aftermarket firing control parts, grips etc. 

16 hours ago, ATMester said:

“Delivery expected in April.  MSRP TBA.”
Regarding to Stock2 per IFG today. 

We gone from first quarter to April…
I like  my Stock2 but when the slide cracked EAA wanted $800 for a new slide ( under the lifetime warranty…lol) and now these guys blowing smoke. 
At this point a Stock2 is a  <$2000 gun with the aftermarket firing control parts, grips etc. 

About what round count did your Stock 2 suffer this failure? The standard Witness issues especially in 10mm are long documented. Low power 9 and 40 having cracked slides is surprising.

Expected that no one with a Tanfoglio from EAA has a warranty now.

3 hours ago, ATMester said:

rear sight cracked in half on my current  stock2 (metal injection molding sights…)

Shearing the height adjustment screw was the common failure on the sights. Some have added a rubber buffer under the screw.

Assume you are running 40’s to do this. Think some of the CZ’s suffer with catastrophic failures too. Especially the race guns.

4 hours ago, zx9rt1 said:

What do us Tanfo owners do for spare slides here in the states? I have the Eric Gold open pistol that’s getting close to 60k down range. Making me a bit nervous 🤣 Are they trying to make me go back to CZ?

FYI - On January 26 I checked with IFG re: purchasing parts and this was their response:

Right now, IFG is focused on getting the guns and associated products in the USA and in the marketplace.  We intend to have slides and parts online later in the spring.  Give us a call back in 60 days or so and we should be ready to get those type orders rolling.

2 hours ago, Endall said:

Shearing the height adjustment screw was the common failure on the sights. Some have added a rubber buffer under the screw.

Assume you are running 40’s to do this. Think some of the CZ’s suffer with catastrophic failures too. Especially the race guns.

9mm 

sight cracked above the windage adjustment screw

"We’re getting closer to being ready for the Tanfoglio part stuff.  For the meantime, more technical questions about your pistol should be directed at Tanfoglio specifically. They’ll be able to answer much quicker than we can.

Thanks for the patience."

Well EAA was very helpful on ordering some parts. Registering on their website was clunky. They rejected and cancelled the first two orders.

The order process requires a Tanfoglio part number. This is kind of difficult, a real parts catalog used to be available, wish I had saved a copy.

They also have quantity limits on some parts. I take this as positive. Maybe hoarding for warranty work?

• 1 month later...
On 2/23/2022 at 9:27 AM, Endall said:

Well EAA was very helpful on ordering some parts. Registering on their website was clunky. They rejected and cancelled the first two orders.

The order process requires a Tanfoglio part number. This is kind of difficult, a real parts catalog used to be available, wish I had saved a copy.

They also have quantity limits on some parts. I take this as positive. Maybe hoarding for warranty work?

Was this recent? I thought EAA cut ties with Tanfo and no more parts were available?

3 hours ago, MuayThaiJJ said:

Was this recent? I thought EAA cut ties with Tanfo and no more parts were available?

I ordered parts twice, received them too. This year.  
  Had no luck trying to s e what they have. Had to register, fill out completely with all shipping on registration. Then submit an order, form is one website. 
  Then wait for a response. They will send an invoice for what they have. Some common parts are limited to quantity of one or two. 
  Spoke to a nice lady there several times. Think she is on a tight leash. Will not give up much info.

You would think that since they. No longer carry Tanfoglio they would be dumping parts. But will have limits. Had to order twice to get two trigger return springs. 

• 4 weeks later...

Had some issues with part availability warranty work and customer service with EAA in the earlier 2000's. I was always left to find work arounds for things I needed and used multiple forums and suppliers to fill the gaps. But still always nice to have another supplier. Sad to see the relationship go

8 hours ago, catabol3 said:

With EAA out of the picture, does anyone know if IFG will be picking up and carrying the Tanfo Witness Match Elite series pistols or the Hunter model? 

I called IFG a few weeks ago to see if they stocked the “Match” which is basically the same as the “Witness Match Elite” as far as I can tell aside from the rear sight.

They told me “we stock all of Tanfoglio’s models” and to check the IFG website. However if you compare the Tanfoglio Italy site to the IFG site, obviously at the moment IFG is not listing everything from Tanfo.

I think over time they will but as of right now they are missing a few, including the Match and the Hunter, although they do list the Gold Match which is another 6” gun.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/5/2022 at 4:53 PM, MuayThaiJJ said:

Anyone know how to get a 6" Tanfo barrel?

IFG shared an instagram post a few days ago of their 6” Gold Match and it says “Gold Match have hit the states.” I’d just try calling IFG, they’ll be able to connect you to a dealer.

• 2 months later...
On 5/8/2022 at 9:50 AM, Nolf1344 said:

IFG shared an instagram post a few days ago of their 6” Gold Match and it says “Gold Match have hit the states.” I’d just try calling IFG, they’ll be able to connect you to a dealer.

I emailed them asking about retailers.  They said I had to go to my LGS and have them get in touch with IFG, they had no dealers to give me info on.