Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I say DQ. MD says no

71Commander

On 6/8/2021 at 1:38 PM, Silver_Surfer said:

I would say yes but only IF the targets were wide open from between the shooting boxes and obscured from the shooting boxes(Area).  Un-sportsmanship conduct?

Unsportsmanlike conduct? For shooting on the move between boxes, and presumably prepared to take a penalty for doing so?

How would you, as an RO, support an Unsportsmanlike Conduct call?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, ima45dv8 said:

Unsportsmanlike conduct? For shooting on the move between boxes, and presumably prepared to take a penalty for doing so?

How would you, as an RO, support an Unsportsmanlike Conduct call?

Some of the opinions here lead me to believe that several people commenting on this thread have never even read the rulebook, let alone get trained and certified on it.

I immediately thought of 10.5.10, Moving while having finger inside of trigger guard, as a DQ.  If the shooter stepped out of the box and was not moving it would be procedures.  I try to avoid DQing any shooting when possible but I do enforce the rules when I see something so wrong. 

3 hours ago, SGT_Schultz said:

Some of the opinions here lead me to believe that several people commenting on this thread have never even read the rulebook, let alone get trained and certified on it.

LOL, I have but not since they stopped mailing out the paper rule books. Anyone remember Dave & Marilyn Standford? They were my instructors.

7 hours ago, AzShooter said:

I immediately thought of 10.5.10, Moving while having finger inside of trigger guard, as a DQ.  If the shooter stepped out of the box and was not moving it would be procedures.  I try to avoid DQing any shooting when possible but I do enforce the rules when I see something so wrong. 

The shooter was engaging targets on the move while outside the shooting areas.  That's a procedural per shot per 10.2.1.2.

It is absolutely not a DQ, 10.5.10 tells you so if you read all of it.

This thread kinda got muddled. The op said the shooter "engaged" the targets so that means no DQ. But then it goes on to read like the shooter was just running between boxes and inadvertently lit one off, which would be a DQ. Wonder what actually happened. Clear descriptions in rule questions are very helpful

7 hours ago, RJH said:

This thread kinda got muddled. The op said the shooter "engaged" the targets so that means no DQ. But then it goes on to read like the shooter was just running between boxes and inadvertently lit one off, which would be a DQ. Wonder what actually happened. Clear descriptions in rule questions are very helpful

That's what I was thinking as well 

11 hours ago, RJH said:

It was muddled by the OP. And shows just how many people dont know how to read AND comprehend the rule book.