Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

C-More red dots that comes with Checkmate?

DIYguy

Been running CO for several years now and have gone through several brands of red dots on different guns. Had a C-More on my Shadow2 initially and had multiple issues and ended up switching to the Trijicon SRO. Love that optic. Been noticing that several of the Open gunners I shoot with have switched over to SRO on their Open guns also. Playing with the idea of transitioning to Open and love my CZs so looking at the Checkmate. Problem I'm dealing with at the moment is they come standard with the C-More and that thing is monstrous large. Why? Lot of time to stand around while others are running and get to compare rigs and chat and seeing more SROs than the big @$$ C-More rig that comes standard with the Checkmate.

Wondering about opinions regarding the C-More optics that CZ-Custom pushes and other optic options available. Price from CZ-Custom has the big @$$ C-More and haven't seen any other options available.

Any other opinions?

CZC isn't "pushing" the C-More Slide Ride, that's just what comes with the Czechmate from the factory. They may update it in the future with a more modern option but for now you cannot buy a new Czechmate without the slide ride.

FWIW, the slide-ride has the most crisp dot of any red dot I have tried. It will not hold you back on the Czechmate. The only real drawbacks of it are that it eats batteries and has a greater bore offset. It is heavier than a MRDS but that's a preference thing. If you really don't like it you can just sell it and get the CZC multi optic mount and use a MRDS. Both of my Czechmates have Romeo3 XLs on them now because I prefer the lighter swing weight but I still have a slide ride around as a backup. 

I used factory c-more on czechmate for the first year or so.  I was quick to want to change it at first but it works great as it comes.  About a year later I put a SRO on czcustom mount and I like it but it is not night and day better than the old school CMore.  I don't know why that large tall sight just works on the old school cmore

If there isn't an option to order a different optic guess would have to put up with the C-More for a while. Hate to pay for the mount and optic and then first thing pay for a different mount and different optic. When I first received my Shadow2 with the milled CO package I went with the C-More RTS as that was what was recommended. Within two weeks had to send the optic back to C-More as it kept shutting off. Would fire several round or so and the red dot would turn off and would have to reboot the optic. Did this over and over so obviously that's a no-go. They put a new main board in the optic and sent it back.

I currently have the RTS mounted on the CZ TSO 40 I just picked up with CZC frame mount. Going through the zero process and bench resting gun, have it pretty close to dead on. Problem I'm noticing is the dot looks like a lunar eclipse. Top right fourth of the dot is missing from about the 11:30 to 3:00 location with jagged crown shape at the bottom of the crescent. Not positive if it's the diode or possible to clean the diode and check before sending back to C-More. Another reason I'm a bit suspicious about the C-More.

Just got back from the range tweaking the zero and confirming the latest adjustment to the load. Load velocity and zero looked great for the first two groups of five. First shot of the third group was 4" high, other four looked fine. First shot of the fourth group was 3" low, 2nd shot 3" high, next three closer to back to zero. First shot of fifth group was 5" high. Using Caldwell bench rest with bag rest for the stock, same set up I can get single hole groups with the Shadow2 9mm. I did double check the lock and felt tight. Was feeling pretty good about the zero and load for the first ten but those are some wild flyers to be tossing out at only 30'. Between the funky dot and the flyers suspicious about the RTS. Did check my chrono log so see if any wild velocity swings corresponding with the flyers but SD looked good.

Slightly off original scope of conversation, sorta related but definitely frustrating.

36 minutes ago, DIYguy said:

If there isn't an option to order a different optic guess would have to put up with the C-More for a while. Hate to pay for the mount and optic and then first thing pay for a different mount and different optic. When I first received my Shadow2 with the milled CO package I went with the C-More RTS as that was what was recommended. Within two weeks had to send the optic back to C-More as it kept shutting off. Would fire several round or so and the red dot would turn off and would have to reboot the optic. Did this over and over so obviously that's a no-go. They put a new main board in the optic and sent it back.

I currently have the RTS mounted on the CZ TSO 40 I just picked up with CZC frame mount. Going through the zero process and bench resting gun, have it pretty close to dead on. Problem I'm noticing is the dot looks like a lunar eclipse. Top right fourth of the dot is missing from about the 11:30 to 3:00 location with jagged crown shape at the bottom of the crescent. Not positive if it's the diode or possible to clean the diode and check before sending back to C-More. Another reason I'm a bit suspicious about the C-More.

Just got back from the range tweaking the zero and confirming the latest adjustment to the load. Load velocity and zero looked great for the first two groups of five. First shot of the third group was 4" high, other four looked fine. First shot of the fourth group was 3" low, 2nd shot 3" high, next three closer to back to zero. First shot of fifth group was 5" high. Using Caldwell bench rest with bag rest for the stock, same set up I can get single hole groups with the Shadow2 9mm. I did double check the lock and felt tight. Was feeling pretty good about the zero and load for the first ten but those are some wild flyers to be tossing out at only 30'. Between the funky dot and the flyers suspicious about the RTS. Did check my chrono log so see if any wild velocity swings corresponding with the flyers but SD looked good.

Slightly off original scope of conversation, sorta related but definitely frustrating.

A C-more Slide Ride and a RTS2 have approximately zero in common with each other, the slide ride was the de-facto open gun sight for 20+years and is only very recently being replaced on the top shooters guns. They are probably the most reliable pistol sized red dot on the market. 

Thanks Mike, that's good to know. Been sitting out on the deck working on both guns, the Shadow2 with the RSO and the TSO with the C-More. Cleaned the diode on the C-More, fresh battery and no change with the dot. At it's max brightness the C-More is almost equal to the RSO at it's lowest brightness and the C-More is still not round. This is what was having me less than impressed with the C-More given it's already been back to the manufacturer once already. If everyone else is happy with the slide-ride not worth trying to get around getting the gun with that installed.

On 6/5/2021 at 6:34 AM, DIYguy said:

Check the optic mount is secured to the frame and the gun is secured in the bench rest.  Also try freehand groups.  It sounds like you have some vertical movement in the gun or optic.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/4/2021 at 4:34 PM, DIYguy said:

I ran into the accuracy issue on mine.  Though I had put loktite on the mount screws it still came loose.  I then cleaned all the old Loktite off with acetone reapplied loktite really tightened it down then marked the three screws with crosscheck torque seal to give me an indication if they move again

now it has been good to go.  

Edited by Kirkster

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/3/2021 at 2:44 PM, regor said:

CZC isn't "pushing" the C-More Slide Ride, that's just what comes with the Czechmate from the factory. They may update it in the future with a more modern option but for now you cannot buy a new Czechmate without the slide ride.

FWIW, the slide-ride has the most crisp dot of any red dot I have tried. It will not hold you back on the Czechmate. The only real drawbacks of it are that it eats batteries and has a greater bore offset. It is heavier than a MRDS but that's a preference thing. If you really don't like it you can just sell it and get the CZC multi optic mount and use a MRDS. Both of my Czechmates have Romeo3 XLs on them now because I prefer the lighter swing weight but I still have a slide ride around as a backup. 

Regor, any chance you can throw up a few pics with the Romeo3 XLs on your Czechmate?  I am looking to get rid of my slide ride as I am just not happy with how tall it is and the fact it goes through batteries like a baby through diapers….

I am looking at that and the FTP Alpha3.  Decisions, decisions….

1 hour ago, Kirkster said:

Regor, any chance you can throw up a few pics with the Romeo3 XLs on your Czechmate?  I am looking to get rid of my slide ride as I am just not happy with how tall it is and the fact it goes through batteries like a baby through diapers….

No description available.No description available.

Thanks guys…

Will be ordering the CZC mount next week.  Now just the optics choice left to make.  Might be a XL just because the Alpha3 6moa is sold out…

Don’t think I will be throwing an RMR on it any time soon…

2 hours ago, George16 said:

Czechmate with CZC Multioptic mount and Romeo 1 pro on top, TSO with CZC Multioptic mount and Trijicon RMR on bottom pic.

20-FE610-E-8906-4-CE9-856-A-539-DBA657-D

Did you swap mag releases on the TSO and Czechmate? I was wondering if there was an option for another mag release for the Czechmate. 

52 minutes ago, WildPete said:

Did you swap mag releases on the TSO and Czechmate? I was wondering if there was an option for another mag release for the Czechmate. 

I just got my mag release for my Czechmate from Seboweapons.  It is pretty good,  I think a bit shorter than I would have liked, but I won’t know until I install it.  Will do that when I swap over optics.

2 hours ago, WildPete said:

I shortened, drilled and tapped the original mag release and added the shadow pad on it. It was originally made for my TSO but transferred it to the Czechmate later on. I did this three years ago or so before the new mag release came out.

Now, you can just buy the new mag release from Sebo, IPSC store or CZ USA website.

Here are pics of the mod:

6485666-F-4693-40-B3-9-B99-6329005-B19-D

E0-CE5-D26-7360-4-FB6-92-A7-E2-CD6-EBA10

3 hours ago, George16 said:

I shortened, drilled and tapped the original mag release and added the shadow pad on it. It was originally made for my TSO but transferred it to the Czechmate later on. I did this three years ago or so before the new mag release came out.

Now, you can just buy the new mag release from Sebo, IPSC store or CZ USA website.

G16, you have any links for the CZ USA site. I looked and couldn't find any. I don't like the mag release letting me know it's there every time I shoot. Nothing like have a metal object jabbing me in the thickest part of my hand.

As previously stated, the Slideride is a very strong choice for a CZM because it doesnt suffer from potential case ejection issues as 2011 open guns do, and although it eats batteries and is ginormeous compared to microdots, it is bulletproof for reliability.  It also is very easy to change diodes and the 30mm glass is the gold standard.  If and when a new CZM design comes out, hopefully it will be setup for a slideride.