Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SIG P320MAX

bobbyblaze

1 hour ago, sfinney said:

Yet.

Gotcha. In other words, “don’t discard.” ;0) Anyone else thinking if this is supposed to be an out of the box competition blaster, they should have made it 100% compliant? Or are they anticipating some will use it as a start to an open build?

1 hour ago, Mcfoto said:

Gotcha. In other words, “don’t discard.” ;0) Anyone else thinking if this is supposed to be an out of the box competition blaster, they should have made it 100% compliant? Or are they anticipating some will use it as a start to an open build?

IMHO, I would rather have it included with my MAX and not need it; as to need it and then have to turn around and purchase one!  And as I've already replaced the barrel, guide rod, trigger, etc; I feel that there's very few of us that actually take a pistol out of the box and just start competing with it!

It could also be the basis for an open build, but how many actually go that route given the amount of open ready pistols that are available and "ready to go"?  Plus they are available for about any budget! 

https://s3.uspsa.io/media/Survey_Results.pdf

:)

• 1 month later...

I have the Max, and the original X5 with a Romeo 1.  I like parts of both.    I've had the Max for a year now and haven't made the switch completely from the X5.  There is a lot to like about the Max, but the lack of a front sight seems to be my biggest sticking point.  If I were to purchase a third, or one for the first time I think I would go with the Legion and a Romeo3XL.  

• 1 year later...
On 7/14/2021 at 1:08 PM, yekcoh said:

Plus all that stupid slide cuts in legion probably makes the dot jump a little faster and more violent

That's not how it works. Well, partially correct.  Yes, you obviously get a faster moving slide, but you can adjust to the slide weight and speed with the recoil spring, though not as well as you can with a hammer-fired pistol. But, if you compensate for the lighter slide with a proper recoil spring weight, while your dot might move faster (not sure why that's bad), it can also return the weapon to target faster.  All part of the balancing act of tuning.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone contoured the hell out of the grip on one of these to make it as slim as possible? Getting my kid into USPSA and she has very small hands. 

7 hours ago, seako_916 said:

Has anyone contoured the hell out of the grip on one of these to make it as slim as possible? Getting my kid into USPSA and she has very small hands. 

The Daniel Horner 320 comes with a small tungsten grip, that is smaller than the regular medium. You can also aggressively file down a medium. 

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, GJM said:

The Daniel Horner 320 comes with a small tungsten grip, that is smaller than the regular medium. You can also aggressively file down a medium. 

Good to know! I don't really know the Sig/P320 line, they just seem to be pretty popular with less "buttons" to push that a gun with a trigger safety or my Shadow 2's. I'd start her on a S2 as I have a couple but don't want her dealing with DA first shot and more importantly, hammer down on make ready. Will go check one out and have her hold it. Next question, guessing an adaptor plate is needed for an SRO or a 507Comp? 

This is the model you are referring to, right? Sig Sauer P320-XFIVE DH3 9mm Luger 5in Coyote Tan Cerakote Pistol - 21+1 Rounds | Sportsman's Warehouse (sportsmans.com)

Edited by seako_916
Adding info

On 6/8/2022 at 3:56 PM, Mcfoto said:

"Yet", as in never doubt the USPSA's ability to make stupid decisions and ruin classes by making them unfair, and making the something clearly other than what they were intended to be.  Look at Production.  It was once an actual production class, with limited ability to change things and in particular, a reasonable carry trigger.  it was for production weapons, imagine that.  But, many whined and cried about it until now, Production is literally Striker-fired and/or DA/SA Limited class, without magwell...oh yeah, "Yet". 

Now let's look at the next class they want to kill off via stupid decisions: Limited Optics.  First of all, it's not 'Limited' Optics because it's minor-only. It's Carry Optics, add magwell and SAO triggers. The caliber wars may be over, but they weren't won. They were decided by weaklings.

USPSA officials are too gutless to make good decisions. So yeah, "Yet".

Are the 21 round mags that come with the P320Max Carry Optics legal?  Can anyone confirm their length?  If they are legal, can extended base pads be added and still keep them legal?

Thanks. 

40 minutes ago, Cuz said:

Are the 21 round mags that come with the P320Max Carry Optics legal?  Can anyone confirm their length?  If they are legal, can extended base pads be added and still keep them legal?

Thanks. 

In theory, the 21 round factory mags can and should fit the gauge. However, there are numerous examples of them not fitting the gauge. So the answer is “yes” but confirm. There are numerous aftermarket manufacturers that make basepads that 1) Add capacity and 2) Fit the gauge. Additionally, if your factory basepads don’t fit, they can easily be modified to make them fit. Also…the new list of manufacturers that sell spring and follower kits that are designed for use with the factory tubes and basepads make it even easier and WAY CHEAPER!

My only real issue with the Max is that I'm married to the Romeo 3 optic. It has an RTS 2 footprint, but the base length is unique,  so no other optic will mate up perfectly to the Max slide as far as I can tell. I've had no luck finding an RMR / SRO adaptor plate for the Max. The Romeo 3 is excellent when it works, but my first one died at 8k rounds, and my second is getting wonky after 4k. 

11 hours ago, Kool Aid said:

My only real issue with the Max is that I'm married to the Romeo 3 optic. It has an RTS 2 footprint, but the base length is unique,  so no other optic will mate up perfectly to the Max slide as far as I can tell. I've had no luck finding an RMR / SRO adaptor plate for the Max. The Romeo 3 is excellent when it works, but my first one died at 8k rounds, and my second is getting wonky after 4k. 

if that’s the “only” issue, I could live with it. I shoot a G17 with SRO optic, and as soon as I decided that was what I was going to shoot, I setup a second identical one to have as a backup. When my optic died, it took a month from the time I sent it out to Trijicon until I got it back. It didn’t really affect me because I had the backup gun. I realize not everyone can do that, but the Glock/SRO setup is cheaper than the P320Max, although not by much.  

19 hours ago, Kool Aid said:

The Romeo 3 is excellent when it works, but my first one died at 8k rounds, and my second is getting wonky after 4k. 

I've had three in a rotation which has been necessary on a couple of occasions so that I had one that worked. Thankfully Sig has a no questions asked replacement policy. I recently picked up a fourth in a trade.

One good one, one getting wonky, one getting replaced... lol...

I really like the Romeo 3 as a red dot but ...sheesh...I don't think any of mine are the original at this point.

On 6/7/2024 at 4:41 PM, Cuz said:

Thanks. 

mine passed at a state match and nationals.  But I still checked them with the gauge before the match. Even re checking them before big matches this year