Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Warning To All Florida Ccw Owners!

Bigbadaboom

Orlando's channel 9 news has posted lists complete with addresses of all Concealed Weapon and Firearms licensees in the state of Florida. LINK HERE!!!!!!!

These damn people just don't get it. Please let them know how you feel about them posting information that allows Criminals to know where you live and know you own guns.

Edited by Bigbadaboom

Orlando's channel 9 news has posted lists complete with addresses of all Concealed Weapon and Firearms licensees in the state of Florida. LINK HERE!!!!!!!

These damn people just don't get it. Please let them know how you feel about them posting information that allows Criminals to know where you live and know you own guns.

While I agree with your hate rant the funny thing is the article seems pretty informative and non-biased against guns... :blink::wacko:

???

Go figure,

Ira

Oh no, don't post my name and address!!!

My guns are all unloaded in out of reach, I feel threatened :o

Please don't get me bad guy :ph34r:

And when Mr. Bad Guy DOES show up - congratulations - you're now a majority shareholder in WFTV 9 when your attorney gets through suing their socks off for reckless endangerment...

Just when you think you've plumbed the depths of stupidity...someone surprises you...

I recevied a letter from the RI Attorney General's office a few years ago informing me that the Providence newspaper was attempting to get a list of all CCW holder's addresses for publication, and that the RI AG was fighting this in court.

I assume the RI AG prevailed, since I never got a follow up letter suggesting that I learn to sleep with one eye opened.

If you look at the list, you will see that important people (ie, those who have the right sort of government job) have their residential information withheld.

That is almost a bigger problem than the list itself!

I pulled up the article and I don't see this list or the link, have they removed it or I just didn't see it.

This kind of thing especially interests me right now since we have a CCW law that has been introduced to the legislature and will be voted on within the next few weeks. Currently we don't have lists available, but the Police Chief's Association wants one so that they can tell when they pull you over who has a permit and who doesn't. They also want the information public.

Lynn, your question: "whatever happened to the right to privacy?", if you haven't watched anything about the new supreme court nominees you might have missed it but that question has nothing to do with you as an individual it only applies to "Roe vs. Wade"

:angry:

Just curious, did the list also contain the names and addresses of out of state Florida CCW holders. That might also get the paper in trouble if they violated another states privacy laws for one of its residents.