Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Super Vel Primer test & Competition Ammo

ML123

I stumbled across this primer test comparing CCI SPP, SRP, SPM primers and I thought would interest some here

I also went and checked out their site and read about the company history, pretty cool.  Their competition 147g ammo looks like a nice option for those that dont reload.  They are also running a BYOP which is another interesting option for those that don't reload.  If you can find 1000 primers you can get 1000rds of ammo for $200 plus the cost of the primers which isnt a bad deal in todays times for ammo.  Of course you need to send them primers lol.

FYI the 9mm 115g +P SCHP is in stock, I picked up some to test. 

• 4 months later...

Unlike small pistol and small rifle primers. Large pistol primers are a different size than large rifle primers.

Edited by AHI

• 3 months later...
4 hours ago, Bakerjd said:

Finally watched this. Exaclty the same thing as I found when chono checking ammo. Now I just want to find out if a P320 will set off a CCI 41 primer.

You will have issues with the 41 primer .it has a thicker cup (harder) than other small rifle primers. This was discussed recently.

19 hours ago, AHI said:

You will have issues with the 41 primer .it has a thicker cup (harder) than other small rifle primers. This was discussed recently.

Figured as much. Ah well. I have other primers.