Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cleaning primed 9mm brass?

TANFARM

35 minutes ago, Postal Bob said:

No, media will get stuck in the flash hole affecting the ignition of the powder. Plus, the vibration could cause the priming compound to break up, and again affecting ignition.

What he said.

1 hour ago, jstagn said:

And after you load and tumble use a toothpick to get the media out of your hollow points ! 

Mini compressor in the loading room to blow them out 100 at a time during case gauging 

10 hours ago, Sigarmsp226 said:

Tanfarm - If you are using a Inertia Bullet Hammer - BE CAREFUL as I have read where some people have experienced accidental discharges.  I never have but have since purchased a RCBS and Hornady bullet pulling die for future pulling requirements.   

The collet bullet puller are useless on coated bullets. On Hi-Tek coated bullets anyway, the coating is so slick that you ruin the bullet for reuse if you tighten the collet enough to allow the bullet to be pulled. I had about 250 .380 coated bullets to pull and had to wind up using the hammer type puller. I wasn't going to waste 250 bullets to this is taking some time, I pull a few every so many days and eventually I'll be done. Collet pullers work great on FMJ bullets especially long rifle bullets. 

I pulled some old mil 9mm ammo recently.  Had a bonding/sealing agent for waterproofing, made pulling tough and left a ring where the base was.  I just ran a reamer down the case between my fingers, cleaned up and loaded fine.  Didn’t care about the outside just wiped them.