Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Timney Glock Alpha Competition trigger

tt350z

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those of you having reset issues, game changer for me was replacing the red return spring with a stronger torsion spring. The reset is wonderfully positive now, no need to tinker with the connector so often. I had to buy a bunch to offset the shipping, that's the only bad part lol

11 minutes ago, MuayThaiJJ said:

Those of you having reset issues, game changer for me was replacing the red return spring with a stronger torsion spring. The reset is wonderfully positive now, no need to tinker with the connector so often. I had to buy a bunch to offset the shipping, that's the only bad part lol

Mind sharing details on that spring? Does it also increase the pull weight?

48 minutes ago, CHuynh said:

Mind sharing details on that spring? Does it also increase the pull weight?

The wire is 0.040" compared to the red spring which is around 0.032"

My pull was around 2-2.25#, now it's 2.5# which I prefer. Using the Zev Pro connector

Edited by MuayThaiJJ

I recall a link to a Mcmaster-Carr spring, I'll have to see if I can find it.

April of 2021 in this thread, too big for Gen 5, not sure about 3/4

Edited by vluc

3 minutes ago, Sinister4 said:

I think JG has a stronger spring now as well, probably the same one  I have a few on the way to see what they are

Yes, I have JG's (black), wire diameter is .0325 (Timney red is .032).  Reset is much stronger.

Hey guys, it’s from McMaster as well but the coils are wrapped around one too many times so you need to unravel it once and then clip the ends to shorten to match the chimney spring, it’s easy to do in a pair of needle nose pliers. you end up with a spring the same length/width as the normal timney spring. McMaster sells them for $5/ea but charges $10 shipping so I bought a bunch just to even it out. If you want more info about these just PM me. The reset is awesome

2 hours ago, MuayThaiJJ said:

Hey guys, it’s from McMaster as well but the coils are wrapped around one too many times so you need to unravel it once and then clip the ends to shorten to match the chimney spring, it’s easy to do in a pair of needle nose pliers. you end up with a spring the same length/width as the normal timney spring. McMaster sells them for $5/ea but charges $10 shipping so I bought a bunch just to even it out. If you want more info about these just PM me. The reset is awesome

Part number link?

So I got several springs, MuayThaiJJ was kind enough to let me get a few of his .040 springs from him, I got some of JG's extra power springs (they measure .0325 to the Timney red .0320) and have several of the McMaster-Carr .035's coming in today to see.

I put JG's in today, reset shorter with JG's in but pull a tad more on both the 17.3 and 17.5.  Not significant, maybe .25, but I know there is a difference (red was in 17.3, silver in 17.5.) I'll cut the .035 and .040 to fit but not sure if I want to use them.  Once the weather improves I'll try them outside, but my gut is wondering if the .035 and .040 are taking it to much out there.

These are with the Timney Alpha, no Vex trigger.

Edited by vluc

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

i currently have a zev trigger in my 19.3. What, if any, should I keep to get that same trigger pull/reset that tt350z has?

I’ve been reading and watching videos and it looks like I either need a LWD overtravel stop housing, or JG vex shoe? 

5 minutes ago, ummagawd said:

Hi all

i currently have a zev trigger in my 19.3. What, if any, should I keep to get that same trigger pull/reset that tt350z has?

I’ve been reading and watching videos and it looks like I either need a LWD overtravel stop housing, or JG vex shoe? 

Remember what works in one glock doesn't necessarily mean it will work in another. I've taken parts from one glock 34.3, put them in another 34.3 and it is a totally different feel. Took experimenting with other components to recreate that feel in the other gun.

YMMV. 

1 hour ago, vluc said:

Remember what works in one glock doesn't necessarily mean it will work in another. I've taken parts from one glock 34.3, put them in another 34.3 and it is a totally different feel. Took experimenting with other components to recreate that feel in the other gun.

YMMV. 

fair enough. It sounds like I should just drop in the Timney as-is and go from there. Just wasn’t sure if there was a “must have” from the get go.

• 3 weeks later...

I emailed Timney because I lost my red spring (behind a cabinet) and ended up mentioning that I have a reset issue.

Here is what they said:

A lot of times when there is a reset issue with these triggers, the culprit is the connector bar jutting out too far from the trigger pocket. I attached two photos- photo A is what may be happening, you want it to look more like photo B. Where there is no daylight between the connector bar and the trigger pocket. If you are still having issues after that, let us know and we can start the warranty process on this trigger.

Here are the two photos she sent:

I looked at my connector bar and it is similar to photo A. My question is, will it do anything negative if I try and bend the connector to make it look more like photo B? Or is there another way to make the connector look like photo B?

Screenshot 2023-03-11 143755.jpg

Screenshot 2023-03-11 143837.jpg

I would try the stronger thicker trigger return spring that I gave you, and also bend out the connector a bit more. Did you get my other message about connectors? I have multiples of every type and if you want I can pack you a set of each one. connectors do not play the same with every Glock, this is what I have also found. did you find the setscrew to control the overtravel?

5 minutes ago, MuayThaiJJ said:

I would try the stronger thicker trigger return spring that I gave you, and also bend out the connector a bit more. Did you get my other message about connectors? I have multiples of every type and if you want I can pack you a set of each one. connectors do not play the same with every Glock, this is what I have also found. did you find the setscrew to control the overtravel?

I checked my messages and I didn't find one from you. Are you sure it was me? I liked the trigger with the regular Timney spring but when I started having reset issues, I switched in the red spring and it made the pull heavier, which I don't like. I want to avoid putting in increasingly stiffer springs that increase the trigger pull if I can. I would be really happy if I can bend the connector and that would fix the reset issue and I can go back to the lighter spring.