Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I've had Wahl, Oster, Conair, and a bunch of non-name brand clippers in my day. While there is no substitute for a top of the line clipper,I have been pleasantly surprised by the performance I've gotten out of my current Conair kit.... Of course, I don't use any of the guards or gadgets...

The clipper is Model# TC360GDC

Course, the next time I start looking again, I will again start looking at the barber supply shop for a commercial version. :)

My fiance uses a Wahl on my hair, first one we had crapped out, the second one seems a little nicer (cost 20-30 bucks IIRC) and has worked well for a couple years, we use it to cut our dogs hair too.

Same clipper to cut the dogs hair??? I buy her (the dog) her own by the way.

I use a nice Wahl. Not the cheapo one by the way. I use to be in sales and had to go every other week for the $25 hair cut. I bought the clippers over 10 years ago and haven't looked back. Figure $50/ month for 10 years plus and I think they might have paid for themselves by now. That's not counting the numerous haircuts for the kids too. The only way to go in my opinion.

Just buy a nicer unit $25 to $50 and never look back. Life's too short to buy a $10 clipper - except for the dog!

Rick

I can hardly beleave how many admit to cutting their own hair. So I admit it. The Conair from Wall mart has lasted good for me, and comes with atachment so that you can cut around your ears and stuff. It ends up looking the same as the $10.00 cut.

My brother has been using a flowbee for years. His hair looks ridiculous, but he doesn't care.

I started cutting my own hair with a Wahl clipper and a 3/8 inch gaurd from Wal-Mart. It cost twenty bucks I think. It's paid for itself so I don't care if I have to junk it. My wife hates my new haircut, but I love it. No comb, no gel, no dryer, etc.

I can hardly beleave how many admit to cutting their own hair. So I admit it. The Conair from Wall mart has lasted good for me, and comes with atachment so that you can cut around your ears and stuff. It ends up looking the same as the $10.00 cut.

Well, it's not like you need a barber certification to do my "hair style".... Basically, set the clipper head to skin level and shave off all that will come off. :)

I have an OLD wahl I have been using. Have had it about 12 years. Cost about $30 back then. It has started getting sketchy with regard to the switch and wiring, so I bought a new vidal sasoon from target, because that's all they had. The POS literally would not cut my hair. It turns on, and makes a buzzing noise, and the blades move. But the tolerances are so bad that my hair just slips between the blades.

So I made a second pass at fixing the whal, and it mostly works, but the blade is about beat.

So 144 skipped professional haircuts later at $25 a pop plus tip, and that sucker was a great investment.

I think I'll just mail order a new wahl.

Been cuttting my own for several years now. Brand makes little difference, but if you drop it, whatever one you get, just trash it and get a new one.

It's the haircutter, not the clipper.....LOL!

http://www.wahl.com/homepro19.html

Purchased this model about three years ago and never looked back.

After a few months of using the clipper with one of the guards and leaving some hair on my head, my wife removed the guard to trim my neck but saw a spot on top that needed a touch up...been shaving my head clean ever since!

It was a mighty funny scene, she couldn't finish the job b/c she broke out in tears at her mistake. I had trouble cutting it myself b/c I was laughing too hard.