Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ga State 3-gun - Nov 20 - Match Results

We are still working on getting the stages posted, but until then, here is the round count and some other information.

Pistol - 78 Rounds

Shotgun - 49 Birdshot/12 Slugs

Rifle - 79 Rounds

We will not be using our rifle range because there is a class that weekend, however, we will be shooting at mini-poppers off the Cowboy town balcony (50-60yds). Those of you who have shot with us before know how much fun those are, and how hard they are to hit!!

Be prepared to shoot a Texas Star or Whirly Gig with rifle, pistol, and shotgun. The stage make up is 2 Rifle, 2 Pistol, 2 Shotgun, and 2 Multi-Gun consisting of Pistol/Shotgun and Rifle/Shotgun. We will be pre-loading at all the shotgun stages, so the match should keep moving. One of the shotgun stages will be a jungle run.

We will open registration at 7:30am Sunday 11/20 with a brief shooter's meeting at 8:15am and shooting to begin at 8:30am. There will be lunch for sale at the range and I am hoping we can have our award ceremony by 4:00pm, but that depends on how things go.

I am working on squadding all the pre-registered competitors. If you are coming and you haven't let me know, or if you have let me know you are coming but not what you will be shooting, I would appreciate an email so that I can get you squadded and we can pre-print labels. Since we are using San Angelo scoring, it would be a big help to have the information on major/minor for the pistol and rifle before next weekend. I still have a few slots left but the t-shirts are getting limited. See you guys soon!

Cindy :Pcgnoyes@bellsouth.net

Well, we could follow Hamp Dowling's example with his Ft. Benning 3-Gun and not publish the stages at all, but the standard established by the Nationals is to show them, so here they are:

WOW, I am almost famous, not sure why the Ft Benning match needed to be mentioned but in the future please get my name right! :D

It is BigHamp, or Hamp, or Mr. Big, or Mr. Big Hamp, and in some circles it is just Damn....Big. But never Dowling or even Darling. Also this match is not the standard bearer for not posting the stages in advance, MANY other quality matches opted to not post the stages in advance. To each his own.

Big Hamp

So.... you're not the same Hamp Dowling that used to run Eagle Gun Range's IPSC match? :huh:

The point is, there was, it seemed like to me, an unusual clammour (not just from here) for stage descriptions for this particular match and I considered briefly following um, "BigHamp's" example of not publishing at all. But ultimately, I decided to continue to follow the section's policy of running matches to the standard as set by the USPSA Nationals, and that includes publishing course descriptions ahead of time.

There was, however, a time when you didn't know what the stages were until you signed in at the match and got your booklet.

Hey Ronnie,

That sounds like a real winner to me! We will put ya'll to good use. Things are looking good for this weekend. My friend at Rugged Gear has even sent me a cart to give away, so there will soon be another lucky shooter with a 3-Gun cart around the range. We should all have our picture taken with our carts and send him a copy for his advertising! Hmmmm, sounds like a real photo opp.

Cindy :lol:

Great match Bill and Cindy!

I enjoyed shooting with fellow BE'ers md1911, Razz, MHearn and David Tapp (forget his screen name).

Congrats to Malcome Davis (md1911) who gave us a clinic in long gun shooting all afternoon! I'm glad you're not from GA! :D

Congrats to Razz - who came in 3rd Tactical in his first 3 gun match.

Congrats also to Roger Cash for holding off the A6 champion (Still Praying) for the Open win.

Cy

Edited by chp5

I'd also like to chime in by saying I had a great time, and the match was fantastic. "Long-gun clinic" is an understatement... I / we got schooled by Malcome, he was impressive. Can't wait to do it again. Thanks to Cindy and everyone else who had a hand in running the match.

I'd also like to chime in by saying I had a great time, and the match was fantastic. "Long-gun clinic" is an understatement... I / we got schooled by Malcome, he was impressive. Can't wait to do it again. Thanks to Cindy and everyone else who had a hand in running the match.

I will take full credit for John's shooting. I taught him everything he knows. :P:lol::P

Thanks to everyone that joined us for the match. I enjoyed squadding with the guys from KY who taught me where to oil my rifle. I was wondering what that 'sandpaper' sound was. It was a pleasure! Congratulations to all the winners. You guys are awesome! :)

Hi all,

Sorry I had to leave before the results were done, but I did appreciate all the hard work that went into this great match.

Thanks Cindy for putting together an outstanding match and Bill for great work on the results and having them up so quickly. They were on line by the time I got home. Could not ask for any better than that. Thanks also to all the support staff. Great job.

I was lucky to be on squad 5's team. Not only were they hard working but a great bunch of 3 gunners to shoot with. Thanks for making the match more enjoyable. I look forward to shooting with you again.

I shot my best match ever and everyone that worked or shot the match made it that much better. Thanks to Mark Hearn for letting me ride with him and talking his ears off on the way home. My wife had to hear about the match when I got home and said I would have to start buying a bigger hat size for a while. Thanks to her for putting up with my time away from home. Congrats to everyone that placed. Enough said.

Enjoyed it everyone and shoot all alpha's

Malcome

PS, CHP5 & RAZZ enjoyed taking some pistol lessons from you guy's also.

Hi All

Congrats to all of the winners, and a special congrats to all that placed and/or achieved their goals in the match. (partly meaning) I feel the only losers at a match, are the ones that didn't show up. I'm realy sorry Malcome wasn't on my squad so I could see his great performance for myself. I love to see someone perform at the best of their ability, from a GM all the way down to a D shooter. (Even if it's my biggest competitor "Roger") Not to say that what Malcome did was all he had, but to say it must have been great to watch.

Malcome

Take pride in knowing that you were and still are the talk of the match and you defintely deserve it. I don't think I'll ever forget the look in your eyes when we talked for that brief moment about how we were doing in the match. I should have known. I know how you feel. It's nice when us little dawgs get a bone once in a while. GREAT PERFORMANCE we're all proud of you.

I'm not trying to leave anyone out, but I would like to give Roger another congrats for his win. We battled it out back and forth all day. We tripped, stumbled and hicuped on the same squad together all day for this thing and the best man won. I'm just glad he lives in Alabama.

I also had the privilege of seeing and shooting with Brian on this one too. For the record, he shot like a winner all day, even after he helped set up the match. Class act Brian. I only hope to be as much of a credit to this sport as you are.

BTW, it was realy nice seeing the Cowboys & girls at the same match with us. Even if they did beat my open guns from time to time. I still haven't figured that one out :blink: . I guess that's what IPIC would have looked like 100 years ago. I hope to see more of them in the future, even though I felt under dressed all day. I also hope they enjoyed shooting with us as much as we enjoyed shooting with them. A big hats off to you Randy for your win too.

Thanks to Cindy, Bill, Mark, all of the RO's and the set up crew for another great South River match. I get the honor and privilege of helping a little from time to time and seeing how hard these special people at (all) matches work to put on a match for us to shoot and score it in a timely and professional manner. I like to think I can be fairly good with words when I try to, (I may not be able to spell them) but I just can't come up with the right ones to say to them. I don't think these people realy understand just how much they touch our lives. When business, work, bad health, family problems and even a death in the family get us down, we can find an outlet and a smile at a match or just thinking about an upcoming or past match. Now that being said, the next time life gets these people down, I hope there is someone there to touch their lives like they have touched ours.

Thanks Ronnie

Edited by Still Praying

Ronnie -- Cindy, Larry Turner (who designed most of the stages), Brian Thompson (who won Limited again, shooting an SKS!), Ricky Sellars and a host of others deserve all of the praise for setting up the match and working their collective butts off. They did a great job.

I had decided a while ago not to shoot this one, so I played hookey from setup and shot a match in Macon on Saturday. Since I wasn't shooting Cindy asked me to be RM for the event (my first experience in that role). I thought, "Hmmmmm, ride around in a golfcart, pickup scoresheets, help in stats, do the occasional burp-fart-and-scratch? I can do that!" I learned it's just a little more involved than that! :lol: It was a good learning experience and I appreciate Cindy giving me that opportunity.

My total admiration goes out to the shooters. The last 45 minutes or so of the match were shot in a light but steady rain, and the last 15 minutes of that was in the dark. They pulled pickup trucks into the mouth of a couple of bays to provide light for the shooters, and I stood behind the last shooter on "Slugo's Revenge" and lit targets with my SureFire E2.

Bill Noyes had final results within 15 minutes of receiving the last scoresheet, and between us, we only accounted for 20 "CS"s and 72 "F"s on the "Deadwood" scoreboard (used to track expletives uttered/shouted in the heat of battle when scoring a multi-gun match). It's funny how those increased in both frequency and volume as the day wore on. :rolleyes:

Quick story about the OA winner, Malcome: I had never met him before, but noticed one of his scoresheets. It had a time I couldn't believe so I went looking for him. I stood back and watched him shoot a couple of stages, and went back to the scoring trailer with no doubt the time was valid. :o

Congratulations to all of the shooters, especially the winners.

...Mark

Quick story about the OA winner, Malcome: I had never met him before, but noticed one of his scoresheets. It had a time I couldn't believe so I went looking for him. I stood back and watched him shoot a couple of stages, and went back to the scoring trailer with no doubt the time was valid. :o

Mark

I was squaded with him. A witness to the event. I believed it. I've seen him do it before, but, it was still a pleasure/pain to watch. The off hand shooting of the Long Range Rifle stage in the town (while the rest of us shot it from two different supported positions) was the end of any hopes that I was clinging to concerning the final rankings in B class.

MHearn