Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I seem to have gone the other way then most people. I bought the cheapest DV camera that would get me a frame rate high enough to see all you need to see in our game. I'm rough on gear and I didnt want to spend a pile of money on a camera thats going to reside in my range bag with the sand and the guns and the ammo boxes and who knows what else. I spent less the $100 on a Aiptek DV4500 camera and it works for what I need it. All I want from it is to be able to see when I screwed up and why. It does that well, with AMAZING battery life (2 AAs last like 4 matches) and I put a 1G memory card in it. They have a newer version for about $125 which also has the image stabilizer and better framerate.

I'm not going to film weddings or feature films on it, but to review my performace its great.

I use an old miniDV JVC GR-520U and it accompanies me in every match. So far it's still taking decent footages but once in a while it goes into it's "need head cleaning" moods.

Looking at the new Sanyo Xacti C5 and trying to figure out how to divert the funds for a new open gun. :P:lol:

As for stills, I use my buds' cellphones. :P

Sony Cybershot DSC-P100. 5 megamixels and will shoot videos for as long as you have memory. You can see some of the videos here:

http://www.shooter-grrl.com/videos2.htm

And one of my best pictures can be seen here:

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?...topic=19453&hl=

There are two best things about this camera - it's price ($299) and it's small enough to carry in my purse or shooting bag.

I have been using a Sony DSC-P10 for the last three years. I finally got a 500 MB memory stick and can video 6 or 7 shooters on 8-10 stages (Most recent was MS classic) and still have room to spare. I will usually dump the memory stick to the laptop after each day when at an area match to ensure plenty of room. Easy to use and takes great pictures as well.

dj