Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

115gr & 124gr 9mm JHP's - Sourcing / Availability / Restocks / Pricing

kamber

11 hours ago, AverageJoeShooting said:

casting pot-70$

mold-60-90$

lead-free

It pays for itself

I get it man, but it's not the money, it's everything else. The time and hassle arn't worth it for me when the best JHP's that money can buy are under 10 CPR. Even if it was an absolute breeze, took no time, and I was somehow gifted the expertise and capability to cast projectiles that consistently perform as good as top tier manufacturer's from day 1, I'm simply not interested in shooting exposed-lead or coated bullets through a compensated gun at major pf.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, kamber said:

I get it man, but it's not the money, it's everything else. The time and hassle arn't worth it for me when the best JHP's that money can buy are under 10 CPR. Even if it was an absolute breeze, took no time, and I was somehow gifted the expertise and capability to cast projectiles that consistently perform as good as top tier manufacturer's from day 1, I'm simply not interested in shooting exposed-lead or coated bullets through a compensated gun at major pf.

i mean ive been shooting coated lead through an open major gun for at least a year now with no negative effects at all.

2 minutes ago, AverageJoeShooting said:

i mean ive been shooting coated lead through an open major gun for at least a year now with no negative effects at all.

That's pretty awesome, I'm sure the $$$ savings certainly are. I'm new to reloading & recreational shooting in general, so it is just a personal preference of mine to go with the cookie-cutter, tried and true combination of JHP + slow powder in order to minimize the amount of grief I give myself while going through the learning curve of reloading and tuning a load to fit my gun.

2 hours ago, kamber said:

That's pretty awesome, I'm sure the $$$ savings certainly are. I'm new to reloading & recreational shooting in general, so it is just a personal preference of mine to go with the cookie-cutter, tried and true combination of JHP + slow powder in order to minimize the amount of grief I give myself while going through the learning curve of reloading and tuning a load to fit my gun.

You’re not wrong. I’ve tried several bullets for 9MAJOR. Technically they’ll all work but nothing performed better, kept the smoke down, and kept the comp clean Like true JHP’s

Montana Gold restocked 124gr JHP's, 124gr CMJ's, and 147gr CMJ's at 5:34pm EST this afternoon (10/19).  Both CMJ's are still currently in stock as of this post.

I managed to grab 3x cases of the 124gr JHP's, looks like they completely sold out within 4 minutes of being listed. I'm debating grabbing a whole lot more next time around just to be set and done for the next few years... also have a feeling that the Precision Delta 124gr JHP's are never coming back down to the 8.6 CPR pricepoint, making them not worth waiting around for as long as MG's are available.

Edit: Grabbed an additional 2x cases today (10/20).
Restock was at 5:20 EST and consisted of 124gr JHP's, 124gr CMJ's, and 147gr CMJ's once again.

Edited by kamber

• 1 month later...

Bummer I spent three days in a row trying to grab CMJ at Montana Gold started refreshing every minute at 2pm pacific time until 3pm, no luck... does any one with experience buying from them know if they release closer to 1:30-2pm pacific time?

Thx in advance!

31 minutes ago, ImpactDoc said:

Bummer I spent three days in a row trying to grab CMJ at Montana Gold started refreshing every minute at 2pm pacific time until 3pm, no luck... does any one with experience buying from them know if they release closer to 1:30-2pm pacific time?

Thx in advance!

Damn, sorry to hear that. The two times I've managed to grab a few cases, they've all been within the 2:00pm - 3:00pm window. @SeattleDude did say that one of the restocks he caught was at 1:21pm, so it looks like you'll just have to widen the timeframe you're monitoring the site if you want to be sure to catch it.

@ImpactDoc PD 124gr 9mm JHP's just restocked and still currently available:

Edited by kamber

Should be able to snag some—CMJ is much easier to get a hold of than JHP due to the demand being significantly less. I've seen CMJ stay in stock for a few hours while JHP never lasted more than 10 minutes when I caught 'em.

9 minutes ago, AverageJoeShooting said:

lots of tire shops around me still use lead wheel weights. they have to pay a hazmat fee to dispose of it normally so when i show up offering to take it off their hands for free they are more than happy

Your lucky, my state has gone to zinc now for years.

On 11/21/2020 at 11:17 PM, kamber said:

Should be able to snag some—CMJ is much easier to get a hold of than JHP due to the demand being significantly less. I've seen CMJ stay in stock for a few hours while JHP never lasted more than 10 minutes when I caught 'em.

Man I hope this is the case, I bought a decent amount of JHPs only to realize that after reading tons of forum posts on CZ shadow barrels your better of throating out or using FMJ/CMJ bullets instead of JHPs b/c of feeding issues in the CZ series with the JHP MGs when seating too deeply just to be able to load off the lands. 

I'm poaching today....I hope I get lucky snagging MG CMJ

Refreshed from 12:45pm to 4:05pm pacific time, nothing until 4:05pm 115 and 124 JHPs are up and available on Montana gold's website! Go Go Go! NO CMjs though.

It seems like they are varying release times...maybe to give everyone a chance to offset the traditional around 2pm pacific time release.

Edited by ImpactDoc

55 minutes ago, ImpactDoc said:

Refreshed from 12:45pm to 4:05pm pacific time, nothing until 4:05pm 115 and 124 JHPs are up and available on Montana gold's website! Go Go Go! NO CMjs though.

It seems like they are varying release times...maybe to give everyone a chance to offset the traditional around 2pm pacific time release.

Nothing there now

This must be some kind of record they ran out of 115s just now, but the 124s are still in stock for a whole 14 min. Yesterday the 124s were gone in 2min...not a joke 2 min! This makes 2 days in a row now where MG released after 4pm....

4 minutes ago, ImpactDoc said:

This must be some kind of record they ran out of 115s just now, but the 124s are still in stock for a whole 14 min. Yesterday the 124s were gone in 2min...not a joke 2 min! This makes 2 days in a row now where MG released after 4pm....

Thanks for the heads up. I ordered a case of the 115 JHP. According to the email that is. LOL

19 hours ago, Sarge said:

Thanks for the heads up. I ordered a case of the 115 JHP. According to the email that is. LOL

More 124 JHPs just showed up on MG's website, that's weird I went to refresh it and it's available right now! It's 11:55am pacific time when I refreshed so MG is keeping us guessing 

Edited by ImpactDoc