Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

115gr & 124gr 9mm JHP's - Sourcing / Availability / Restocks / Pricing

kamber

Consolidated findings/information, current as of 10/14/2020, that were kindly shared by members in this thread or found through doing some digging:

- Precision Delta (PD) is periodically restocking various projectile sizes/types as they are created; the best way to catch the restocks would be to subscribe to their email newsletter and jump on the purchase ASAP once the update is blasted out via email. They had a backorder waitlist going during the summer months, but have since discontinued this due to it getting out of hand.
*Price of 115gr JHP's are unknown (previously 8.64 CPR, but was told to expect a price increase for future restocks)*
*Price of 124gr JHP's are 10.175 CPR when bought in quantities of 2000*

- Montana Gold (MG) is restocking/updating their website daily, usually around ~2pm PST. There is no back order system available; purely first-come-first-serve.
*Price of 115gr JHP's are 9.075 CPR when bought in quantities of 4000*
*Price of 124gr JHP's are 9.6 CPR when bought in quantities of 3750*

- Rocky Mountain Reloading (RMR) is accepting backorders for projectiles and advertising an 8+ week estimated lead time, with some customers recently receiving emails warning that it may be longer than the advertised 8 weeks.
*Price of 124gr JHP's are 10.2 CPR when bought in quantities of 1000*

- Everglades Ammunition has JHP's currently in stock and available for purchase.
*Price of 115gr JHP's are 19.8 CPR when bought in quantities of 500*
*Price of 124gr JHP's are 15 CPR when bought in quantities of 500*

---- Original Post Below ----

Was wondering if any of you 9-major shooters have been able to find quality 115gr or 124gr 9mm JHPs in stock at a reasonable price lately? I'm having a helluva time finding any and would greatly appreciate it if anyone could point me towards some or share some info about places that are restocking regularly still.

I'm kicking myself for not stocking up back in the spring time when Precision Delta still had them available; was trying to hold out for a 4th of July sale that never even materialized haha.

Thanks in advanced, cheers and be well everyone!

Edited by kamber

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Montana Gold updates their website regularly usually late afternoon/evening. But you have to catch it instantly.

Word is you can call Precision Delta and possibly get on a lengthy wait list

2 hours ago, George16 said:

The competition style 115 JHP from Everglades is available in 500 packages according to this.

https://www.evergladesammo.com/bullets/handgun-bullets/9mm-115gr-jhp-competition-bullets.html

same thing with their 124 Gr JHP in 500

https://www.evergladesammo.com/bullets/handgun-bullets/9mm-124gr-jhp-rn-v2.html

I just can't bring myself to pay any higher than 10 CPR, pandemic be damned haha. Thanks for the links all the same though!

38 minutes ago, Sarge said:

Montana Gold updates their website regularly usually late afternoon/evening. But you have to catch it instantly.

Appreciate the heads up, I'll try both options.

Cheers!

1 hour ago, Sarge said:

exactly. MG updates stock almost daily around 2pm Pacific time.

So today.... 124 JHP went to stock at 1:21PM and lasted 16 minutes.

13 minutes ago, looking4reloadingdeals said:

RMR has 124 JHP for 10.2 cents each. They have about a 2 month wait I think though. Never heard a bad thing about their bullets. Could be worth getting in line

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm in line at RMR.  They sent out an email yesterday saying they might not make the 8 week est. It goes on to detail what they are doing to catch up.  I thought that was great.  It went on to detail all the new stuff they bought with the money from the orders they haven't filled, truthfully I have mixed emotions about that....

Doesn't help the open guys but...Right after I got that, I ordered 1K from Precision.  I've seen 124 FMJ's at .14 but by the time I pay for primers, powder and cases - It's a push against the cost of factory....   But this too shall pass. 😉 

1 hour ago, looking4reloadingdeals said:

RMR has 124 JHP for 10.2 cents each. They have about a 2 month wait I think though. Never heard a bad thing about their bullets. Could be worth getting in line

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, I'll hop on this if MG and PD don't pan out. Looks like PD's @ 8.6 CPR, MG's @ 9.1 CPR, RMR's @ 10.2 CPR. 

10 hours ago, SeattleDude said:

it took me couple of days to snag few cases of 4000pc 115gr JHPs

Did they ship pretty quickly after you were finally able to snag some? Also, what method ended up working best for you? I'm assuming it involved monitoring the site and frequently refreshing between 1-3pm PST?

Edited by kamber

1 minute ago, kamber said:

Damn, just got home and wasn't able to catch it. At least they update daily, i'll try again tomorrow!

Yeah. its about dedicating some time and you will catch them in stock. They have not raised prices. Still Free shipping.

@SeattleDude Right on. I'll snag a few cases whenever I catch it, really appreciate the tip-off on the timing of the restocks!

Also, as a PSA to anyone else looking for JHP's; I gave Precision Delta a call today and they said they are no longer doing the waitlist for backorders since it got too out of hand/unmanageable. They've also raised prices slightly (Example: 124gr JHP's were previously 8.66 CPR, now raised to 10.175 CPR), so it looks like MG is the lowest CPR option nowadays.

Edited by kamber

2 hours ago, AverageJoeShooting said:

just shoot lead

cheaper and you can cast it yourself

While casting one's own projectiles seems like a pretty cool endeavor, I don't think the cost savings would be even remotely close to making the time, effort, hassle, and learning curve worthwhile for me. Personally, I'm not the type of person that derives particularly high levels of satisfaction or pride out of making my own bullets, so the novelty would be wasted upon me. I wouldn't even be reloading if I could buy a 9mm major load off the shelf that was well-suited to my gun at an equivalent or close-enough price point to what it costs me to assemble my own 9mm major load from components. Sacrilege, I know... 😅

Edited by kamber

12 hours ago, mitommy said:

Have you considered plated bullets?
I’ve been running them for years and have found them to be a very good alternative to FNJ. XTreme bullets currently has stock available in both 115 & 124 JHP

Thanks for the suggestion! I never really considered plated since JHP's were just as cheap or cheaper and regarded as the superior projectile type for 9-major. It appears the popular plated bullet manufacturer's still cost more than what top-quality JHPs cost, so I'm just going to keep holding out and buy up a couple cases of MG JHP's when I catch them on the daily restock.

On 10/14/2020 at 10:14 PM, kamber said:

While casting one's own projectiles seems like a pretty cool endeavor, I don't think the cost savings would be even remotely close to making the time, effort, hassle, and learning curve worthwhile for me. Personally, I'm not the type of person that derives particularly high levels of satisfaction or pride out of making my own bullets, so the novelty would be wasted upon me. I wouldn't even be reloading if I could buy a 9mm major load off the shelf that was well-suited to my gun at an equivalent or close-enough price point to what it costs me to assemble my own 9mm major load from components. Sacrilege, I know... 😅

casting pot-70$

mold-60-90$

lead-free

It pays for itself