Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Looking for Competition Belt

RickT

I have a CR Speed belt that I've been using for5-6 years.  It's been fine and continues to be fine for SS Steel Challenge, but I'm looking for a belt that doesn't have the wider "rim" along the upper and lower edges;  I have some AR mags with clips that don't really accommodate the rim and I'm reluctant to force things.  If I can't find a different belt I'll try compressing the rim with pliers.  It's also true that the velcro on the CR belt does tend to slip a bit with the weight of my 1911.

1 hour ago, George16 said:

I have both DAA and shooters connection competition belts. The shooters connection belt is thinner/less bulky compared to the DAA competition belt.

I just bought IDPA and USPSA belts from Shooters Connection.  Very high quality at a great price.  It was a chore to get my RHT mag pouches to lock in place though.

2 hours ago, RickT said:

I have a CR Speed belt that I've been using for5-6 years.  It's been fine and continues to be fine for SS Steel Challenge, but I'm looking for a belt that doesn't have the wider "rim" along the upper and lower edges;  I have some AR mags with clips that don't really accommodate the rim and I'm reluctant to force things.  If I can't find a different belt I'll try compressing the rim with pliers.  It's also true that the velcro on the CR belt does tend to slip a bit with the weight of my 1911.

Most of these belts are NOT designed to be regularly reconfigured. Having the holster and mag pouch loops barely fit onto the belt keeps things from shifting around when shooting a stage.

Also, to keep the holster and such from pulling belt apart, add some hook "Velcro" material to the back of the holster's belt mount loop. Do the same on the pouches to keep outer belt better secured to inner.

I use a BOSS hanger to the holster side of things is solid.  Blade Tech tek-lok configured "pouches" work just fine and I do have pouches for PMags using tek-lok.  I'm just looking for a different belt which works with some different pouches that use plastic clips the bottom hook of which require a great deal of force to squeeze over the lower edge of the belt.

I took a close look at the Shooter's Connection belt pictures.  Looks like it will work fine since it doesn't have that build up at the uppper and lower edges.  I'll just leave it set up for PCC.

Edited by RickT

@RickT I just bought the Shooter’s Connection ultimate competition belt and it is pretty much impossible to get my Bladetech Tek Loks to close on the belt - and the one that I was able to force the latch closed it felt like it is going to break off in my hand. I’ve seen a few posts where others actually have broken their tek loks trying to mount them to this belt, and also a few posts where people say the tek loks fit, no problem.  So, you may want to reach out to customer service to confirm that your equipment will fit before ordering...

RangerTrace, thanks for the info.  I won't be putting the Tek-Loks on this belt.  If my AR mag pouches don't fit I'll send the belt back.  I have a Kore Essentials EDC belt (excellent BTW) and the pouches fit on that, but the belt loops get in the way of positioning the two pouches I need to use.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

How do you get tec-lock to close on the daa belt? I have had no success and am looking for options for my 3 gun rig. I like it so I can add or subtract gear from my belt depending on the stage.

31 minutes ago, Cowguy said:

How do you get tec-lock to close on the daa belt? I have had no success and am looking for options for my 3 gun rig. I like it so I can add or subtract gear from my belt depending on the stage.

Just push hard. I dont think Teklok locks down hard enough to keep things from moving for me. I’ll shim it with some velcro to make it tighter.

On 9/21/2020 at 9:35 PM, mveto said:

Look at the Dominate Defense Mach 1 belt, it’s pricey but it should meet your needs.

Yes it's pricey but you get a very well made product from a shooter that's also been in the cut 'n sew bus. for 30+ yrs.

I use Jason's belt for 3G/USPSA & if you have any questions/issues his comms are prompt & helpful so VG cust. service IMO.