Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Classification ?

BARRYJ

I have been shooting Limited and want to try Production.  I am in C class.  Does that automatically put me in D class for Production or Unclassified?  I know there is a rule about a classification can only be one spot lower that any other classification.   

1 minute ago, BARRYJ said:

I have been shooting Limited and want to try Production.  I am in C class.  Does that automatically put me in D class for Production or Unclassified?  I know there is a rule about a classification can only be one spot lower that any other classification.   

"To receive an initial classification, a member needs to have at least four unduplicated scores in the USPSA classification database." (from the rule book)

1 minute ago, ChuckS said:

"To receive an initial classification, a member needs to have at least four unduplicated scores in the USPSA classification database." (from the rule book)

Thanks.  Just wanted to be sure.  

You’ll get an initial classification of “U” In Production until you get four unduplicated classifier scores. After that, you be classified one class lower than your highest classification in another division.

52 minutes ago, George16 said:

You’ll get an initial classification of “U” In Production until you get four unduplicated classifier scores. After that, you be classified one class lower than your highest classification in another division.

Is it possible to have a score more than one class higher than what you used to shoot?  Lets say you left production behind and went to carry ops but never came back to production to keep it up.
Hopefully that makes sense.

1 hour ago, Edwards30 said:

Is it possible to have a score more than one class higher than what you used to shoot?  Lets say you left production behind and went to carry ops but never came back to production to keep it up.
Hopefully that makes sense.

Nope. You will pull all your existing classifications up with your progress in CO.

O.K. I shot Limited for a little while and was classified as "D". I've since been shooting Production, and based on my last match, I think I will be classified as "C" in Production class when the score is entered.

If I am classified as "C" in Production, will this pull my Limited classification up to "C" as well?

10 minutes ago, Stafford said:

O.K. I shot Limited for a little while and was classified as "D". I've since been shooting Production, and based on my last match, I think I will be classified as "C" in Production class when the score is entered.

If I am classified as "C" in Production, will this pull my Limited classification up to "C" as well?

no

11 minutes ago, Stafford said:

OK, let's say I achieve a "B" in Production. Would that pull the Limited classification up to a "C"

Now you’ve got it.

Shoot singlestack and wind up a D, then switch to production and work hard for two years to make it to GM?

You’re now a SingleStack M class, although you never touched you 1911 again. (And you get be an M who has a 23.4% classification percentage. 😂)

Edited by MemphisMechanic

2 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

Now you’ve got it.

Shoot singlestack and wind up a D, then switch to production and work hard for two years to make it to GM?

You’re now a SingleStack M class, although you never touched you 1911 again. (And you get be an M who has a 23.4% classification percentage. 😂)

Hey I resemble that comment.

Easiest way to make M Open is to make GM in Revo (or PCC according to some friends)

4 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

Now you’ve got it.

Do you know somebody like that?

13 hours ago, SGT_Schultz said:

Do you know somebody like that?

Me. I am a GM in Open.  I shot a classifier match years back in SS minor once for fun and am a 24% SS Master.  First time shooting a SS. I suck at iron sights/SS(tried shooting it like an open gun). 🤣

Edited by echotango

16 hours ago, SGT_Schultz said:

🙃

I was kinda hoping @MemphisMechanic was telling his own story...........LOL

Only slighty.

I’m a legit A class in production, but  my B in PCC comes with a 45% attached to it. 😂

I only used the rifle in a few matches, and it had hideous malfunctions when it was new. Two of those were on classifiers, all of which count because I went back to handguns after the 4th match:

651EB7ED-9A2F-4EED-A613-2E78F7279A7A.thumb.jpeg.3121e08b8be6fa9af18c085550d1840e.jpeg

Edited by MemphisMechanic