Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which Magwell Do You Like?

itchy

Which magwell do you like?  Which material?  Why?

I personally use brass THE magwell. I like it because its heavy and gives the gun a good balance. Also the fit was great. I have seen other magwells were they have been installed and they look like as though they could come off at any time. The only thing about the THE is that its ugly imo but it works

I've used T.H.E./Glockmeister and J.P. magwells and I like them all for various reasons. The heavy brass of the T.H.E./Glockmeister magwells did change the way the gun handled due to the extra weight but they also add a LOT of material at the bottom of the frontstrap which presses upwards on my weak hand to give a really firm grip. The JP is really nice looking and it doesn't change the way the gun handles. I do wish it pressed up on my weak hand though and that nocks it down a notch or two in my book.

-ld

• 2 weeks later...

Glockmeister brass magwell for IPSC limited competition. Like the brass magwell because it adds extra weight which is nice with the poly frame for recoil control. Reasonable price, easy install, extra weight. Gives a very nice balance to a tungsten guide rod.

Edited by da_pfunk

Headshot,

I experienced problems with the California Competition Works magazine wells in small and large frame Glock’s. Basically when the gun was in slide lock the magazine wouldn’t drop did you have that problem? These were FML magazines. If so how did you get around it?

• 2 weeks later...

hi ryucasta,

I never had those problems, but also I didn't just bolt them on and shoot. I would blend them with the bottom of the frame and open them up slightly.

Frank

p.s. I have just started going back to Glock, so I need to look at whats available now before I order a CCW magwll for my new 17

If I needed something bolt on, or didn't want to permanently alter the gun, it would be the JP aluminum. Exclude those two requirements and I'd have John Nagel install a Dawson Ice magwell.

Chris ,

Soon even those two requirements wont stand in your way.

Johnnie

Johnnie, would you like to give some more info? I'm in need of a magwell, what timeframe are we talking about?

Come on now, we need more than just crumbs.

Dan

If I needed something bolt on, or didn't want to permanently alter the gun, it would be the JP aluminum. Exclude those two requirements and I'd have John Nagel install a Dawson Ice magwell.

Chris ,

Soon even those two requirements wont stand in your way.

Johnnie

Johnnie, would you like to give some more info? I'm in need of a magwell, what timeframe are we talking about?

Come on now, we need more than just crumbs.

Dan

Dan the mag well is at the machinest now and will be back from plating in a week or so

best I can tell . I was hoping to have them available for X-mas but the machinest is backed up with military stuff. we all can understand that.

Johnnie

Can anyone endorse a magwell for the G21? I just ordered a Seattle Slug Plug because I couldn't find a magwell that seemed to work well with the large frame G21. I wanted something that also added the additional weight (brass) - this is strictly for competition, not for carry.

Thanks!

Jim

Jim, WELCOME TO THE BRIAN ENOS FORUM. We talk on Glock talk once in a while (congrats on the new timer).

Here is a link: http://glockmeister.com/catalog/product_in...products_id/206

Remember you can't use the brass one in IDPA competition. With the large frame Glocks I'm not sure if this mag well in the aluminum version will fit in the box. Maybe someone else can answer that for you.

Welcome again,

Rick

Jim, WELCOME TO THE BRIAN ENOS FORUM. We talk on Glock talk once in a while (congrats on the new timer).

Here is a link: http://glockmeister.com/catalog/product_in...products_id/206

Remember you can't use the brass one in IDPA competition. With the large frame Glocks I'm not sure if this mag well in the aluminum version will fit in the box. Maybe someone else can answer that for you.

Welcome again,

Rick

Thanks, Rick. Good to see you here.

I'm only planning to shoot USPSA, so it's not an issue right now. I'll see how the slug plug works out but I'll keep the magwell in mind. I looked over so many accessories and sites this weekend, that I think I actually saw the Glockmeister magwell first and forgot!

My Steve Anderson book is on the way -- should get here this week. Thanks for all the advice and the encouragement!

Jim

You'll be happy with the Anderson book and the timer. While USPSA is my favorite of the two games by far, there is something to having the ability to shoot either game with the same gun; it just keeps your options open.

;)