Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I bought a Sig P320 X5 Legion

Fasthenk65

My LGS imported some P320 Legions to Europe and called me today. Been visiting him. I was basically not prepared at all to buy one but I did... Coming from a Shadow 2 I really liked the grip, the weight (not nose heavy), the sights and to my greatest surprise... I really liked the standard Legion trigger. Some take up, clear wall...click. Nice.

Now I need a dot (DPP I learned should fit) and a holster. Really looking forward shooting this beauty. What have I done 🙂

49 minutes ago, Fasthenk65 said:

My LGS imported some P320 Legions to Europe and called me today. Been visiting him. I was basically not prepared at all to buy one but I did... Coming from a Shadow 2 I really liked the grip, the weight (not nose heavy), the sights and to my greatest surprise... I really liked the standard Legion trigger. Some take up, clear wall...click. Nice.

Now I need a dot (DPP I learned should fit) and a holster. Really looking forward shooting this beauty. What have I done 🙂

Congrats on the buy! I’ve been eyeing up the legion for awhile.  I had the original 320 X5 and loved it, and I can only imagine the legion will be even better.  

Let me know how it shoots. And if you’re still looking for a holster, check out Red hill tactical. They make a pretty good holster in my opinion. 

6 minutes ago, Zack15 said:

Congrats on the buy! I’ve been eyeing up the legion for awhile.  I had the original 320 X5 and loved it, and I can only imagine the legion will be even better.  

Let me know how it shoots. And if you’re still looking for a holster, check out Red hill tactical. They make a pretty good holster in my opinion. 

I have the RHT for my shadows and STI Edge. I found out 10 minutes ago they make them for the X5 legion to and ordered one 🙂

I went from x5 to legion. It is smoother than the x5. Prior to buying legion I had added txg grip springer rod with a 12.5 lb spring and GG kit. I understand the issues with lightening spring are making things a bit worse but the slide doesnt always go home after a mag change and slide drop. It didnt always go home prior to any upgrades either. It always shot great though. The Legion is just smoother.

4 minutes ago, Fasthenk65 said:

I have the RHT for my shadows and STI Edge. I found out 10 minutes ago they make them for the X5 legion to and ordered one 🙂

Hell yeah!  I like RHT a lot but Weber Tactical makes a nice holster and I believe they have a quick ship one for the X5, if you don’t want to wait.

6 minutes ago, m700 said:

I went from x5 to legion. It is smoother than the x5. Prior to buying legion I had added txg grip springer rod with a 12.5 lb spring and GG kit. I understand the issues with lightening spring are making things a bit worse but the slide doesnt always go home after a mag change and slide drop. It didnt always go home prior to any upgrades either. It always shot great though. The Legion is just smoother.

How do you like the trigger on the legion ? I’ve heard good reviews on it and some “so-so” reviews on it.  Would you recommend the GG trigger for it or just run the stock trigger ? 

4 hours ago, Fasthenk65 said:

My LGS imported some P320 Legions to Europe and called me today. Been visiting him. I was basically not prepahotrred at all to buy one but I did... Coming from a Shadow 2 I really liked the grip, the weight (not nose heavy), the sights and to my greatest surprise... I really liked the standard Legion trigger. Some take up, clear wall...click. Nice.

Congrats on the Legion !

Have you seen the Alpha...it has not been seen on this side of the pond, AFAIK.

I'm not sure if you have access to our aftermarket parts there, but it's possible to improve on the Legion trigger.

The biggest improvement is the fully adjustable trigger, IMO.

There are two fully adjustable triggers, the Keres and the Armory Craft.

It's been reported that the Armory Craft is preferred in the Legion.

I have the Keres in a P320F that's been modded to an X-Five.

I also have the Gray Guns sear and spring kit installed.

1) Take-up and over-travel is exactly where I want it.

2) There is zero creep. (GGI sear)

3) The break is clean.

4) Pull weight is 2lbs using the light GGI spring group.

7 minutes ago, DirectDrive said:

Congrats on the Legion !

Have you seen the Alpha...it has not been seen on this side of the pond, AFAIK.

I'm not sure if you have access to our aftermarket parts there, but it's possible to improve on the Legion trigger.

The biggest improvement is the fully adjustable trigger, IMO.

There are two fully adjustable triggers, the Keres and the Armory Craft.

It's been reported that the Armory Craft is preferred in the Legion.

I have the Keres in a P320F that's been modded to an X-Five.

I also have the Gray Guns sear and spring kit installed.

1) Take-up and over-travel is exactly where I want it.

2) There is zero creep. (GGI sear)

3) The break is clean.

4) Pull weight is 2lbs using the light GGI spring group.

These parts are hard to get, guess I have to visit USA asap 🙂 Or find someone who does ship to Europe..

1 hour ago, Fasthenk65 said:

These parts are hard to get, guess I have to visit USA asap 🙂 Or find someone who does ship to Europe..

They are even hard to get here, brother.

I'm on the waiting list for another GGI sear and an Armory Craft trigger.

Next project is a scratch-built Legion.

How do you like the trigger on the legion ? I’ve heard good reviews on it and some “so-so” reviews on it.  Would you recommend the GG trigger for it or just run the stock trigger ? 
I ran a couple hundred rounds in the legion before swapping trigger. It worked very well for a stock trigger. I didn't get a huge improvement in swapping,but my x5 has a GG trigger and wanted to keep them feeling the same.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, m700 said:

I ran a couple hundred rounds in the legion before swapping trigger. It worked very well for a stock trigger. I didn't get a huge improvement in swapping,but my x5 has a GG trigger and wanted to keep them feeling the same.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

That’s good to know.  I’ll probably end up getting the GG trigger at some point but it seems like there’s not a huge reason to get it right away.  But I’m with you, I like my triggers feeling the same.  I shoot a stock Glock for work and going from the range at work to my other guns is a pain sometimes.  I’ll get use to prepping the trigger and finding the wall on the Glock and it’s definitely not the same as my other guns. 

The X5 Legion will fit the Romeo 1 Pro or the DPP (should) fit with no alterations needed. Also if your Legion was built after Feb 2020 it may also have holes drilled for the RMR  ( but there are no posts).

Hey for those of you with the GG trigger, how is the reset? I find the factory triggers pretty awful on the stock 320RX and not much better on the X5 legion...

Edited by Aggrofish
Clarity

42 minutes ago, Aggrofish said:

Hey for those of you with the GG trigger, how is the reset? I find the factory triggers pretty awful on the stock 320RX and not much better on the X5 legion...

I have the GG sear and Keres dual adjustable trigger.

I think reset is very good.

Here's a review of 3 of the popular P320 triggers...

Thanks. Very informative and probably saved me a few bucks. It seems like the take up on the GG is close to stock just lighter. I’m more concerned with the travel than the weight. That Keres looks sweet. So what’s the result of your setup. A light trigger with little take up?

All my guns outside of a couple 320s and a G19 are DA/SA sigs with short reset triggers and I’m trying to get something closer to that. 

10 hours ago, Aggrofish said:

Thanks. Very informative and probably saved me a few bucks. It seems like the take up on the GG is close to stock just lighter. I’m more concerned with the travel than the weight. That Keres looks sweet. So what’s the result of your setup. A light trigger with little take up?

All my guns outside of a couple 320s and a G19 are DA/SA sigs with short reset triggers and I’m trying to get something closer to that. 

I have the Keres Adjustable, Apex bar and GG sear.

It's the best striker-fired trigger that I've pulled.

Pull weight is 2lbs measured with a Lyman digital.

If you're working with the Legion trigger bar, then some field reports say to go with the Armory Craft adjustable trigger.

Edited by DirectDrive
added info

I’m having a nervous breakdown for just the thought of possibly leaving my Shadow2 + a complete CGW Optics slide with new C-more RTS2 in the safe, as I have an X5 Legion on the way. Is that blasphemy ?  Or practical, cause I’m thinking way less maintenance. Time and a 1000 or so rounds down range will tell. 🥴 And true, there will never be a striker trigger as nice as my so clean, so smooth, even in DA S2 trigger.

Edited by Gooz
S2 trigger is the best DA of all, ever.

4 hours ago, Gooz said:

I’m having a nervous breakdown for just the thought of possibly leaving my Shadow2 + a complete CGW Optics slide with new C-more RTS2 in the safe, as I have an X5 Legion on the way. Is that blasphemy ?  Or practical, cause I’m thinking way less maintenance. Time and a 1000 or so rounds down range will tell. 🥴 And true, there will never be a striker trigger as nice as my so clean, so smooth, even in DA S2 trigger.

ha I have the exact same feeling, strange what guns can do to your mind

I hope I like it, permit underway, grip felt soooo good.

5 hours ago, Gooz said:

Ha - not blasphemy.    I have two tuned Shadow's (one for prod and one for CO) and recently bought an X5 Legion and I sure like it so far (after I modded the frame, did the trigger job, etc).   Sure, the trigger is not as good as the CZ in SA, but it's good enough for my skill level.  Because of COVID I haven't shot a match yet with it, but in my practice sessions so far, it's a good blaster.

Edited by LMS

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, I do like simple and the X5 Legion is proving to be just that so far with only a 2k round count. 👍 Now if Sig will get the Romeo Pro in I’ll be good.  Have fitted a Holosun with a 8MOA circle ⭕️ Dot.  Love the circle dot, and it’s the only one I’ve ever seen like it, but would like a larger FOV, like the C-more RTS2 on my Shadow2 optic slide and also better fitment.  

• 1 month later...

I just picked up a Legion on my last trip to the Sig Academy.

Esp after I was hitting targets 4/5 shots at 50 yds one-handed.

I want to put the extended mag release on it from Springer Precision.

I am assuming it will fit the X-Five/Legion frame and do I need to get the OEM stop and spring assembly also?

9 minutes ago, fedupflyer said:

I just picked up a Legion on my last trip to the Sig Academy.

Esp after I was hitting targets 4/5 shots at 50 yds one-handed.

I want to put the extended mag release on it from Springer Precision.

I am assuming it will fit the X-Five/Legion frame and do I need to get the OEM stop and spring assembly also?

If you want to keep the original safety with all of its original components intact/whole.  Otherwise I just used the components from the original mag release to install the Springer unit.