Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

7 shot 686 D A trigger question

Cherokeewind

48 minutes ago, Cherokeewind said:

I have lots of exposure to 6 shot Smith 686 but nothing with the 7 shot version..........

Is the D A trigger stroke/travel different from the 6 shot version?

TIA 

No.

Well about a gazillion story lines on Walking dead woulda ended short and sweet if Rick had one vs his Colt. 

Only a small segment of revolver shooters are competitive. 7 shots are in same size and weight as 6 shots,,, so why not ?

When people started competitively shooting "Baumanized" revos in the early 90's, the extra 7th shot was a big deal, since all that was available were 6-shooters.  So, Smith decided it was a good idea to get a piece of the pie.  Of course, very quickly RPM started making 8-shooters, but it took Smith a while to start producing the 627 eight-shots.  So the 7-shot is an interim design.  And some people prefer the slightly smaller frame size.  

My 7 shot was a good deal I just like to shoot it the same goes for my 6 shot 4" 686 no dash pre-lock got it for a really great price if and when matches ever start back up I will shoot my 627 

On 4/15/2020 at 12:19 PM, ysrracer said:

I don't really get where 7 shot revos fit in the scheme of things. Do they have a home?

I like seeing the expression on friends faces at the range when I fire the "extra" round...