Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Any reviews of Feedinator case feeder yet?

DJRyan13

https://www.hasgrok.com/?product=feedinator-1000-case-feeder

Starting to get sick of stuck cases in the gate and cases jamming up in chute with my Dillon case feeders. I upgraded two of my Dillon’s to the variable switch and I swear that made it worse. I also bought a new one outright to with adjustable gate and that hasn’t been any better. I followed the Dillon manual and have called them twice. No help... “You using the washer?” Um... no... “Try slowing it down”... Um.. it’s going so slow I have to wait on case to load next round and it’s not any better... 

Anyway.. don’t want to turn this into a Dillon sucks thread but that’s how I am feeling about their antiquated case feeder.

SO, has anyone gotten any direct hands on review of the Feedinator? I tried calling owner. He answered once and never emailed me quote he promised and didn’t reply to a message I left him about a month later so to be honest, I am not sure I am going to risk it unless someone can tell me how great it is. Thanks!

Sounds like there is an issue with your bench or mounting setup. I have had one pile up at top of feed tube in 10 years on my Dillon CF.  I’d call that pretty damned reliable.

You have three machines giving you problems and I don’t even know three people having those problems with their DILLON CF.

Definitely not a setup or bench  issue but thanks for suggestion. I am aware of those concerns.

please don’t imply this is a me issue. I am not the first person who has complained about these case feeders.

any feedinator reviews? 

2 hours ago, DJRyan13 said:

yeah, I went through that. Needed more concrete opinions.

go find another thread to troll, Sarge.

I honestly believe that’s the first time I’ve ever been called a troll. Thanks

I prefer when you called me a condescending dick in the PM.

And I’ll say again. If you have three DCF’s all with the same problem there is something amiss.

But by all means go buy a $500 CF. 

Why so angry.?

Chevrofreak has one why dont you PM him for his take on it. I think the dillons should be reliable up to 3500+ with the upgrade from dillon, the immortobot reportably can hit 5-6000. I havent seen anyone else with a Feedonator.

I am not angry at all. I am just not needing folks posting unhelpful “must be you...” comments. 

I sent Sarge a PRIVATE msg about what I thought about his second comment.

I want a case feeder that runs 100%. I am honestly sick of pulling cases out of gate. The new Dillon motors seem to be worse in that when you stop them, they keep the same force on stuck case. 

I have no idea how he runs his 100%. it must be magic. One case stuck in years of running? I call BS. 

Do a search of Dillon case feeder issues on google. Plenty of folks with issues. If they were so perfect, better options would not be out there. 

16 minutes ago, DJRyan13 said:

I am not angry at all. I am just not needing folks posting unhelpful “must be you...” comments. 

I sent Sarge a PRIVATE msg about what I thought about his second comment.

I want a case feeder that runs 100%. I am honestly sick of pulling cases out of gate. The new Dillon motors seem to be worse in that when you stop them, they keep the same force on stuck case. 

I have no idea how he runs his 100%. it must be magic. One case stuck in years of running? I call BS. 

Do a search of Dillon case feeder issues on google. Plenty of folks with issues. If they were so perfect, better options would not be out there. 

Here is your solution!!

20190817_073415 (1).jpg

39 minutes ago, Van123d said:

What makes you think they are unhelpful? besides the fact you refuse to listen

I don’t care to hear folks who think there crap is perfect so the issue must be with you. That wasn’t the point of this thread. Then to come back with condescending comments is the definition of unhelpful.

To all involved in this thread, I'd hate to have to lock it / hide it, make it go away, without the OP gaining the knowledge he is looking for. So, let's try to help him get what he needs, and not have attitude about it. If he's fed up with his current setup, he's fed up. 

This goes for EVERYONE posting in this thread. Drop the attitudes.

2 hours ago, DJRyan13 said:

I am not angry at all.

I have no idea how he runs his 100%. it must be magic. One case stuck in years of running? I call BS

I have had cases get stuck multiple times between the plate and the chute but a thorough cleaning every few thousand rounds stops it pretty much. Lanolin lube makes things sticky and needs to be cleaned off regularly.

BUT I have only had ONE jam going from chute to tube in ten years.

You can call BS all you want but that’s the truth.

The Feedinator is fast.  Very fast.  It needs some break in of the 3D printed parts, and the collator plate should be removed and everything cleaned from time to time.

I am also running this thing wide open at 6100 rounds per hour on a Rollsizer.  No press can run that quickly.   The jamming issues I have experienced are dramatically reduced at lower speeds, as the Feedinator uses an adaptive drive that doesn't spin the collator faster than necessary. 

So far I have Rollsized over 25,000 pieces of 9mm brass, and if I had to do everything over again I would still buy the Feedinator. 

8 minutes ago, chevrofreak said:

The Feedinator is fast.  Very fast.  It needs some break in of the 3D printed parts, and the collator plate should be removed and everything cleaned from time to time.

I am also running this thing wide open at 6100 rounds per hour on a Rollsizer.  No press can run that quickly.   The jamming issues I have experienced are dramatically reduced at lower speeds, as the Feedinator uses an adaptive drive that doesn't spin the collator faster than necessary. 

So far I have Rollsized over 25,000 pieces of 9mm brass, and if I had to do everything over again I would still buy the Feedinator. 

So, haven’t run any rifle yet? Thanks for review!

Just now, DJRyan13 said:

So, haven’t run any rifle yet? Thanks for review!

Not yet.  I likely will soon.  Once my RL1100 shows up I will probably leave my 650 set up in .223.  

My Autotrickler V3 showed up this week, so I am stepping up my rifle reloading, but all of my .223 brass is either new or already processed and primed.  I would rather not Rollsize primed brass, but we will see. 

On 3/10/2020 at 10:20 PM, DJRyan13 said:

https://www.hasgrok.com/?product=feedinator-1000-case-feeder

Starting to get sick of stuck cases in the gate and cases jamming up in chute with my Dillon case feeders. I upgraded two of my Dillon’s to the variable switch and I swear that made it worse. I also bought a new one outright to with adjustable gate and that hasn’t been any better. I followed the Dillon manual and have called them twice. No help... “You using the washer?” Um... no... “Try slowing it down”... Um.. it’s going so slow I have to wait on case to load next round and it’s not any better... 

Anyway.. don’t want to turn this into a Dillon sucks thread but that’s how I am feeling about their antiquated case feeder.

SO, has anyone gotten any direct hands on review of the Feedinator? I tried calling owner. He answered once and never emailed me quote he promised and didn’t reply to a message I left him about a month later so to be honest, I am not sure I am going to risk it unless someone can tell me how great it is. Thanks!

here’s what I did to my Dillon and it runs like a champ.

1. Take out plate. trim opening on bottom back of feeder bowl. You’re essentially letting the cases drop quicker from further back. Make sure cut is straight and not angled.

2. make funnel smaller at top. I just used cardboard from primer box and taped it in. I only did one side. Left side of funnel as you look at it.

3. bevel underside of plate for each case slot. I used a sharp box cutter and cleaned up with dremel. 

4. make a stiff arm out of cardboard and tape to inside of bowl several inches before opening. All it does is flick brass that’s bunched up.

what you are doing is letting the brass fall straight down and not giving it enough room if it tumbled to get lodged. Beveling plate openings seem to lessen case extractor grooves getting caught on rough plastic of plate.

i don’t have that press any longer or I would send pics. I got the ideas from a post with pics somewhere.

im running a Revo with 14” feeder now. Zero issues. Hope this helps.

On 3/11/2020 at 12:09 PM, DJRyan13 said:

Not looking for help with Dillon. I wanted reviews of Feedinator. Instead I get unhelpful condescending comments.

He does not wont any help.

Thanks to everyone for constructive offerings of help. I have 4 machines I need Case Feeders on, so I do plan to tinker more. Not planning to spend 2k on new feeders just yet. 

I do want something super reliable as I said.... and something that can run fast for brass processing on my Revo’s.

I have a 14” Revo case feeder on one but that one is super expensive for conversions and is a bit finicky to get setup. It truly is a PITA to setup but once setup it is golden.

On 3/11/2020 at 10:50 PM, chevrofreak said:

Not yet.  I likely will soon.  Once my RL1100 shows up I will probably leave my 650 set up in .223.  

My Autotrickler V3 showed up this week, so I am stepping up my rifle reloading, but all of my .223 brass is either new or already processed and primed.  I would rather not Rollsize primed brass, but we will see. 

Any idea how hard it is to convert these? Looks like just the funnel and plate, right?