Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig P320 X-Five Alpha

perob

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Racinready300ex said:

It's claimed to come with a tung plug and is going to weight 2 oz more.  But, my first thought was lighter too.

We can just put a tungsten plug in the legion  instead of buying a whole new frame💁‍♂️ 

3 hours ago, bimmer1980 said:

And all this because SIG USA issn´t able to Export their grips to SIG Germany..... ;) 

How i know SIG you will not be able to put that grip on your old 320.... ;) 

I'm sure they'll wait like 6 months for people to spring for the new German built gun,  then tool up NH and build them here, then wait a few more months and offer the metal grip frame that works with non-alpha slides 😅

Edited by thormx538

37 minutes ago, thormx538 said:

I'm sure they'll wait like 6 months for people to spring for the new German built gun,  then tool up NH and build them here, then wait a few more months and offer the metal grip frame that works with non-alpha slides 😅

That sounds like SIG  ;)  :)  

20 minutes ago, DirectDrive said:

I would have liked to have seen a separate dovetail for the rear sight.

I don't know why they want to continue to hang their hat on that blanking plate/sight combo.

Not sure if that's the case, given the photo of the Optics mounted on the slide in a separate marketing picture.  That rear sight is retained, with the optic mounted. Not sure how that's done, but that's what the product photo showed, a Sig Romeo 1 mounted with that floating rear sight still there.

21 minutes ago, Degnan said:

Where is the 40 cal conversion kit for the X5 Legion?  

There is none. You'd have to buy a full size 40. Cal p320 complete upper and you can just mount it on the x5 frame. It will be a slightly shorter barrel and stock slide however, no lightening cuts. 

You can't just put the frame from a plastic gun on a metal gun. Metal guns just don't flex like plastic does. It wouldn't work reliable.

The grip safety is maybe because the trigger is not drop safe. Like with the Walther Q5 Expert triggers. They don't sell them for that reason in the US.

11 minutes ago, ddc said:

Once this has been around for a bit it's going to be interesting to hear the pros/cons of this versus the Legion frame.

Stippling a Legion frame is time consuming and expensive from what I've heard. I got mine with carbide, however if these interchangeable panels can offer grip like 2011 evo grip then that's a very good thing,.