Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Relationship between popple holes and flatness

AverageJoeShooting

On 1/22/2020 at 7:15 PM, CHA-LEE said:

Here is my Atlas Chaos in slow motion. The dot is staying in the glass through the whole cycle of the slide. This blaster could be even "Flatter" with a heavier hammer spring and less angle on the FPS. I am waiting to get it back from getting Black DLC coated to continue my tuning and load development process. For what its worth, this gun is setup with no popple holes in the barrel and the Atlas 2 port comp.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B69vlgXpiKc/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

That is one flat shooting gun there. I thought mine was flat, boy was I wrong lol.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought my gun without popples and was using HS-6. Then I added 2 popples and I switched to AA7. I love the way it feels with the popples and how flat it shoots. Remember though, once you put popples in, you are stuck with them. My recommendation is to start with a small size hole, maybe 2 of them at 3/16” each, then if you want to later go up to 5/32”. You then will have to add more powder and if you’re shouting .38 SC that’s not that big of a deal but it is with 9 major. 

Might wanna go the other way around, 3/16”>5/32”

On 1/22/2020 at 11:46 AM, CHA-LEE said:

Since tuning all of these springs and FPS's is confusing for people I made a video of what all of this stuff does a while ago.......

Great Video thanks for sharing that

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/22/2020 at 7:15 PM, CHA-LEE said:

Here is my Atlas Chaos in slow motion. The dot is staying in the glass through the whole cycle of the slide. This blaster could be even "Flatter" with a heavier hammer spring and less angle on the FPS. I am waiting to get it back from getting Black DLC coated to continue my tuning and load development process. For what its worth, this gun is setup with no popple holes in the barrel and the Atlas 2 port comp.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B69vlgXpiKc/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Your grip is out of this world.