Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Thoughts on the Cheely XWF heavy

Climbhard

I have one on my custom build by Carne Customs. The extra weight does seem to make a difference. Almost everyone who has shot my gun is amazed at how flat it shoots. I’m planning to have a second one built as a backup and am going to have him use the XWF again. The only downside is that there aren’t a whole lot of options for holsters outside of race holsters right now that fit the extra width.

I have one built by cheely.  The gun balances very nicely.  It is a bit heavier out front compared to my other limited gun but I've found it does shoot flatter and the sights return faster for me.  An increase in transition splits from target to target was a concern prior to me buying it but I haven't seen any difference on the timer

I've got one on a limited gun.  I think it shoots quite nicely. Compared to my tanfo limited custom and my regular framed sti gun it definitely stays flatter when shooting. Plus I think it just looks cooler.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/11/2019 at 10:47 PM, waktasz said:

I have one. I love it. At this point it's the only frame I'd consider to have another gun built on. 

cheelyDone1.jpg

CheelyDone2.jpg

Cheelydone3.jpg

Ok that blue is just sick.  What coating is it and who did it!

It's a PVD blue from Richter Precision. It's more decorative than protective like a TiN or TiCN, so it may not have been the best choice to put on the barrel, but it was my idea and no regrets. On all the other parts it's holding up very nicely.