Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Climbhard

Thoughts on the Cheely XWF heavy

Done a search and just not a lot on this versus a std long dust cover.  Considering it for a limited build.  Ok it’s 2 oz heavier but how’s it shoot?   

Done a search and just not a lot on this versus a std long dust cover.  Considering it for a limited build.  Ok it’s 2 oz heavier but how’s it shoot?   
@waktasz has one and it's awesome

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I have one on my custom build by Carne Customs. The extra weight does seem to make a difference. Almost everyone who has shot my gun is amazed at how flat it shoots. I’m planning to have a second one built as a backup and am going to have him use the XWF again. The only downside is that there aren’t a whole lot of options for holsters outside of race holsters right now that fit the extra width.

I have one built by cheely.  The gun balances very nicely.  It is a bit heavier out front compared to my other limited gun but I've found it does shoot flatter and the sights return faster for me.  An increase in transition splits from target to target was a concern prior to me buying it but I haven't seen any difference on the timer

I've got one on a limited gun.  I think it shoots quite nicely. Compared to my tanfo limited custom and my regular framed sti gun it definitely stays flatter when shooting. Plus I think it just looks cooler.

I have one on a .40 Limited Gun. 50 oz. w/o magazine. I am very happy with it.

I've built two with that frame.  The 9 especially is very flat shooting.  The first shooter I built a 40 sight tracker for is going to have me do another one with the xwf.

I have one. I love it. At this point it's the only frame I'd consider to have another gun built on. 

cheelyDone1.jpg

CheelyDone2.jpg

Cheelydone3.jpg

I have one. I love it. At this point it's the only frame I'd consider to have another gun built on. 

cheelyDone1.thumb.jpg.5b53a942f898d110222de8a092718030.jpg
CheelyDone2.thumb.jpg.5248d0b929225636326ff793228c8238.jpg
Cheelydone3.thumb.jpg.8ad0e6cb1595420f67d24ed588e4e0c8.jpg

This looks amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk