Dan Wesson DWX: The Mother Thread

Mdooz

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, obsessiveshooter said:

you've been here 1 month, so it's understandable 

I've been here for 20 years as a 'guest'.  Don't let my registration date fool you.

With that said, the guy asked a valid question.  If I/others can help answer his question, what does it hurt to extend your knowledge?  Rather you just dismissed him.  That's not what the forum is supposed to be about.

You do you, I'll do me.

15 hours ago, Douglee25 said:

For me specifically... SA is fine for home defense.  I actually don't mind that for carrying either, however, a traditional 1911 utilizes a grip safety which the DWX does not have, plus the thumb safety which the DWX does have.  Some like the grip safety while many do not.  There are obviously a ton of other pistols on the market that have one or the other or both. The DA/SA pistols are good for carrying. Pick your poison. 

If/when compact ever comes out and will feel like i imagine it will.. It would definitely be part of my EDC roster.  Carried 4in 1911 for about 6 years.  And J-frame for a bunch more even now. All depends on what I am doing.  They are all good. 

On 1/21/2023 at 12:39 PM, Douglee25 said:

I've been here for 20 years as a 'guest'.  Don't let my registration date fool you.

With that said, the guy asked a valid question.  If I/others can help answer his question, what does it hurt to extend your knowledge?  Rather you just dismissed him.  That's not what the forum is supposed to be about.

You do you, I'll do me.

I created a new post getting into dasa vs sa . Considering that the dwx is sa only, it is relevant for those wanting something like this. I personally don't feel I get sa only except for specifically a competition pistol. The dwx isn't advertised as such, hence the question, the advertising seams counter intuitive compared to the shadow 2 etc.

4 minutes ago, broadside72 said:

Fondled the DWX at SHOT. The thumb safety in the demo model was pretty light to engage/disengage. I think I prefer the slightly stiffer safety on the 1911 I have for carry.  

That's what ultimately caused me to ship mine back to Dan Wesson as I just couldn't be happy with it.  It's being delivered today so hopefully I'll get it back soon.

7 hours ago, PhilosopherKing said:

I created a new post getting into dasa vs sa . Considering that the dwx is sa only, it is relevant for those wanting something like this. I personally don't feel I get sa only except for specifically a competition pistol. The dwx isn't advertised as such, hence the question, the advertising seams counter intuitive compared to the shadow 2 etc.

Sounds good.  I'll look for it. 

20 minutes ago, 1911vm said:

is CZC going to be selling DWX with there touch?

Yes, we will be offering optic cuts, slide lightening, trigger work.

Have a magwell in development, can drill and tap the magwell for a paddle.

can do porting or compensator work, etc.

14 minutes ago, eerw said:

sweet. 

1 hour ago, eerw said:

just went to CZC website put in DWX got nothing 

35 minutes ago, 1911vm said:

just went to CZC website put in DWX got nothing 

Not there yet. We worked it up last minute as didnt get a gun from CZ ahead of time.

So email/messge me or it will be up soon.

On 1/27/2023 at 10:24 PM, jlficken said:

I got the DWX back today and the safety is now perfect. 

I can’t wait for the 40 S&W to be released as I must own one.

The DWX is my perfect full-size handgun. 

You ain’t the only one patiently waiting lol. 

• 2 weeks later...