Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Holosun 507 or 510?

hump

I am currently running a 507c on my CO gun and really like the clarity of the dot. It is very easy to pick up. I have a Atibal MRD v2 on my open pistol and have considered buying a 510c for my open pistol. I have noticed several for sale in the classified with a mount and have to wonder if the weight is an issue. I would just change the 507c over to the open gun but I will need to buy another mount and don't want to end up with an extra mount if the 507 is to small for the open pistol.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, kujo929 said:

Pull off the outer shroud and QD mount from the 510C and there is no weight issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is the optic still robust to allow dumping into buckets for 3gun matches?

Is the optic still robust to allow dumping into buckets for 3gun matches?

I’ve only used it for USPSA. But mine has run over 15k this season with no issues. I’d expect that even without the shroud it is more durable than some of the others.

I just added a 510c to my open gun. It previously had a DPP. I don’t notice the weight change. I’m sure it’s heavier than the DPP but I’m not picking it up and feeling like it’s all the sudden heavier in a bad way. As said above, once you remove the mount and protective hood you drop a lot of the weight from the 510 out of the box.

I haven’t put any range time in with it yet, but I’m thinking I’m gonna be a big fan of this change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

7 hours ago, mrsig03 said:

c8c053c66d99ab91b7c6a1ad5c033294.jpg

Holosun 510c weight without QD but with shroud. Hope this helps.

Thanks. I was leaning towards the 510c due to the size of the glass. I will go ahead and get an Atlas mount on the way.

1 hour ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: I have a 510C on one of my open pistols and just added a 507C to another one to try. I don't have too many rounds on the 507C setup yet but I like it as well. I have the 507C on my carry optics and it works great. Thanks, Eric

I currently have the 510c on my czechmate and feels heavy.  Im curious between the 507c and 510c weight difference. I might give the 507c a try too. 

Hello: take the shroud off the 510C and it is lighter than a aluminum C-More. The 507C is lighter but the window is half the size. I find I shoot both about the same but I need more time behind the 507C. I can see more through the glass on the 510C but I also see out side the glass on the 507C. Not sure if that makes sense unless you can compare both by looking at the same targets and shooting them. I shoot with both eyes open so that helps. Thanks, Eric

47 minutes ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: take the shroud off the 510C and it is lighter than a aluminum C-More. The 507C is lighter but the window is half the size. I find I shoot both about the same but I need more time behind the 507C. I can see more through the glass on the 510C but I also see out side the glass on the 507C. Not sure if that makes sense unless you can compare both by looking at the same targets and shooting them. I shoot with both eyes open so that helps. Thanks, Eric

Thanks, i did removed the shroud on the 510c and still feels heavy.  Maybe because im only been shooting it for about a month. I'll probably need more time with it. 

12 hours ago, Joeyxbat said:

Thanks, i did removed the shroud on the 510c and still feels heavy.  Maybe because im only been shooting it for about a month. I'll probably need more time with it. 

Aircooled5racer, i sent you a pm. 

I currently have the 510c on my czechmate and feels heavy.  Im curious between the 507c and 510c weight difference. I might give the 507c a try too. 

Pictures please. Haven’t seen one on that platform yet. Thanks

The 510c works good, ive got over 10k rds on mine. It's pretty bulky though and ever since i was able to compare it to a sig romeo3xl I've been wanting to switch to the sig. Its window isnt much smaller but its a lot smaller in its overall size and the dot is a bit better than the 510c. The only reason i haven't made the switch is the 510c is a lot cheaper and has been very reliable.

The weight alone didn’t bother me because I like heavy guns but it’s where the weight felt displaced above the gun and not in my hands that bothered me when running the 510. But I flip flop around so if my current dot dies I’d take reliability over weight displacement. 

I have a 510 on 2 of my open guns and love it. I have older eyes and really like the larger window, seems to help me pick up dot quicker. The larger physical  size really has not brother me at all . For the price it's going to be hard to beat.