Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Remington Hi-Cap Steel 40sw Pistol

Sparky

A Shooting Buddy of mine has an all steel Remington Hi-Cap 40sw.

I got the chance to shoot it and it feels and handles very nicely. 

Has a dark finish, checkered front strap, adjustable rear sight;

I think fiber optic front sight.  He paid less than $1000 for it and

he uses MBX 140mm magazines.  Great USPSA Limited gun.

Has anyone else had the chance to handle and shoot one of 

these pistols.

A Shooting Buddy of mine has an all steel Remington Hi-Cap 40sw.
I got the chance to shoot it and it feels and handles very nicely. 
Has a dark finish, checkered front strap, adjustable rear sight;
I think fiber optic front sight.  He paid less than $1000 for it and
he uses MBX 140mm magazines.  Great USPSA Limited gun.
Has anyone else had the chance to handle and shoot one of 
these pistols.
yes my buddy has one and it's a Para P16 clone which I sold to him. the lockup is very tight and it's extremely accurate. only issue is they stopped making them right now

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Tripod said:

Read up Para Ordnance and if you shot the game 25 plus years ago the P-16 was the go to pistol for limited class.  Remington acquired Para

I was not aware that Remington owns Para.  I realized that it looked like a P-16.  Also was not aware that they stopped making them.

Sounds like I need to update my brains database.  I started shooting (think it was IPSC back then) competition in 1979.  It is a nice looking

and shooting pistol.   Hope they start making them again.......

13 minutes ago, Sparky said:

I was not aware that Remington owns Para.  I realized that it looked like a P-16.  Also was not aware that they stopped making them.

Sounds like I need to update my brains database.  I started shooting (think it was IPSC back then) competition in 1979.  It is a nice looking

and shooting pistol.   Hope they start making them again.......

Remington's parent company bought out Para a couple of years ago, then shut down the Para line. They started bringing back a select few Para models under the Remington banner. It would be nice to see them doing a good line of competition pistols, which they did show in their lineup (including a Tomasie custom). However, if you go look at their site right now, there are no double stack Para style pistols listed...only single stacks. So, that leaves leftover stock,  RIA, and one or two other small outfits offering a Para style frame anymore. At least, as far as I know about or can find.

21 hours ago, konkapot said:

Rich Dettelhouser used to make awesome steel frame Limited guns out of Springfield armory  frames; used para mags. 

Yes sir, Rich and I have been friends for years.  He did a little modification to the grip to make it feel better and not so 

blocky (sp).  Rich is not doing much these days.  Plan on doing lunch with him soon, hopefully next week.

I have one of the last Paras—a 16-40 Pro Custom that I bought in 2016. It has been very good to me, although I don’t have a massive number of rounds through it. I hate that the Para platform has always been plagued it seems. 

The fit and finish on this one is far better than any RIA I have messed with. I honestly don’t think a Para would hold anyone back, even at the highest levels of competition. 

• 1 month later...

I bought a Para Pro custom a couple of years ago in a 9mm. I did change out the mag release for one from Canyon Creek so I could use STI mags since at that time there was a shortage of mags for that pistol. Has been a great pistol no issues. Question for ramnj. Did you have any trouble changing out the trigger and what kind is it?

Thanks Brad

On 11/1/2019 at 3:16 PM, bradleygt said:

Question for ramnj. Did you have any trouble changing out the trigger and what kind is it?

Thanks Brad

The SVI trigger dropped right in. Don't remember having to take any material off the top or bottom of the trigger. Make sure you order the Billet Grip Trigger Bow Wide Body.  Here's the link for the one I ordered.

https://infinity.americommerce.com/p/144-Billet-Grip-Trigger-Bow-Wide-Body.aspx

I have the Rock Island Pro Match 40 that has a lot of hand work from the factory, and it is a shooter. It uses the Rem/Para mags. If I was going to stay in it, it is a great shooter. I have mine posted here for sale.